• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

XLR Pin 1 (yet again)

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I am building my own Hypex amp and using an all balanced approach, so XLR only. I have pre-made cables from Ghent Audio, so the connections from the Hypex module to the XLR connectors have three wires for pins 1, 2, and 3.

Am I supposed to connect pin 1 to the Hypex wire harness and or instead run a wire from pin 1 on the XLR to the chassis rear panel and leave pin 1 disconnected from the Hypex module?

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I've read that twice now but I just want to make sure it's clear cut: that's a yes to connecting pin one directly to my chassis for each XLR connector and not connecting it (pin 1) to the Hypex module with the Ghent cable?

Last edited:
OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Another question: on the neutriks I am using, there is this "4th" connector which I am assuming is a ground. Can I jump pin one to this connector for an easy ground path to chassis?

Attachments

• IMG_20200813_083150~2.jpg
    IMG_20200813_083150~2.jpg
    860 KB · Views: 540
Top Bottom