• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

XLR or RCA output for Hypex ncore diy amp

ohnomrbillk

Forum Donor
First post here.

I’m thinking of building above DIY amp with either Hypex monoblock kit or ghentaudio as a pair a dual mono blocks in a single case.

I would like to have the ability to have XLR or RCA output in order to daisy chain wire for subwoofers. Is this easily doable?

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
It depends on your skill set. It's probably easier to solder up a custom interconnect than to do the metalwork to add extra connectors to the amp back panel. Or would you be looking to add buffer boards rather than just parallel connections?

OP
ohnomrbillk

ohnomrbillk

Forum Donor
It depends on your skill set. It's probably easier to solder up a custom interconnect than to do the metalwork to add extra connectors to the amp back panel. Or would you be looking to add buffer boards rather than just parallel connections?

Skill set is medium.

I can fabricate well.

not sure that I understand the electronics well enough to add in extras without more direction.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
It sounds like you'd be able to make the holes for the new connectors then, and adding the wiring for the passthrough. It seems a lot of effort to go to when it's electrically equivalent to buying/making an XLR splitter cable though. I assume you're aware of the possible compatibility issues with this approach (lowered input impedance of parallel amp inputs may not be suitable for some sources, subs may need to be powered whenever you're using the amp).

You might also be interested in the DIY Purifi amp builds thread

Top Bottom