• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Xiang Sheng 05B

Mike4242

Hi can anybody help. I have a Xiang Sheng 05B DAC. I use this with the latest version of Volumio ( Dec 2022) and a Raspberry Pi4. I have recently downloaded some free DSD files (64) from Native DSD these play perfectly on my Beresford Caimen Seg DAC via USB ( Audioquest Coffee USB) on my Pi .

The Xiang Sheng has has DSD direct and DSD - DOP compatability . When i try to play the same DSD files on the Xiang Sheng via DSD direct i just get distortion/white noise? When i try vis DSD -DOP just seem to get silence . I am not a technical person. I have been told to download a windows driver for my DAC and go straight from windows 11 laptop to the DAC that just gave me the same distortion. Have been told to try setting volume in Volumio to 100% but away from home at the moment. When i got the Beresford to play the files i just used the Volumio App on my Iphone 11.

Have had a quick look on Volumio site and noted other folks with different DACs having issues with Volumio . Any more suggestions of things to try when back home next week?

Top Bottom