• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

XDUOO XQ-50 PRO with LDAC and Amazon Music HD

chefffe

Folks,

I listened the last time with my Loxije USB DAC connected to a HTPC playing Amazon Music HD. I was very pleased with the sound but still the handling with the PC and Amazon is not really the most user friendly.
As the Loxije BT sound is not that good I was looking for a good BT deivce. I found the XDUOO XQ-50 PRO with LDAC and bought it quickly. I connected it to the Loxije via SPDIF Coaxial as the internal DAC of the XDUOO should not be the best. What can I say ... I dont hear any difference when playing Amazon Music HD from my Samsung S20 via LDAC compared to USB connection from PC. Should I go to the doctor or is this really a very nice way to get brilliant sound with a great user friendly way ?
I doubt that I will use any longer the USB-PC connection ...

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Try connecting the Xduoo USB's port directly to the PC, see what that does.

OP
C

chefffe

For which reason?
How should this work? Do you think the XDUOO Dac is better than Loxijes?

Kegemusha

If you find this good, then why going to the doctor?
You have amazon HD music? so this means what, cd quality music straming (some 850 kbps more or less ), if you can really use LDAC , that would be arround 990Kbps (and I think aptx HD is up to some 570kbps), then I can understand you are happy with the sound.

I think you found a good and confortable combo.

Btw what XDUOo DAC is the one you got?

Last edited:

twsecrest

For which reason?
How should this work? Do you think the XDUOO Dac is better than Loxijes?
Why even have the Loxijes in the audio chain?
Connecting the Xduoo directly to the PC would be a way to truly test the Xduoo's audio quality.

OP
C

chefffe

Ok, this you mean. I didnt even try the DAC of XDUOO as I found 3 reviews telling that the DAC is mediocre but I will give it a try later on.

Yes, Samsungs are nearly all supporting LDAC with 990kbit, so any HD should go thru. This XDUOO is a nice little box which can even skip forward/pause and show the songname and all BT details on the Display, but has one bad disadvantage. There is only one soft-button which needs to be pressed 3s to switch it on. So it will not go automatically on when the power will be connected :( ... not sure if this makes me happy on the long run ...
This is the one: https://www.amazon.de/XQ-50-Pro-Blu...eywords=XDUOO+XQ-50+PRO&qid=1619676365&sr=8-1

Top Bottom