• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

xDuoo XA-10 Review (DAC and Headphone Amp)

Insultan

I found this review hoping to verify if others hear any difference between various filters. I have this unit and can’t hear anything, glad I’m not crazy... Did anybody manage to fix it somehow? It’s not a deal breaker to me, I quite like the vanilla sound the unit produces, but at the same time it probably won’t stop bugging me... Don’t want to send it back as I’ve already paid import fees.

vmr

I bought XA10 as my second stack with possibility to return it within 14 days. I kept it because I like the sound and price of open-box (in EU) was way lower then official end-user price mentioned here. In other words a good buy. I am listening with HD650. It's nice pairing. I can compare it with D70s/A90/Arya which I also own and it is not that worse considering it is a different price league. It's indeed a good setup and I really don't "hear" that low SINAD.

musicforcities

Is it possible Amir tested a lemon? Filters don’t work, SINAD is grossly lower than spec, gain does diddly squat...

That question or a form of it is asked almost every time a product fails to meet its claimed specs or is terrible.

One has to ask: is Amir the most unlucky dude on the planet to receive so many damaged/broken products? And that they break in a way that still allows them to work but just not test well, which is not how modern electronics typically fail.

Or is it not more probable that these devices work properly but that they just are not very good or has errors in its design.

Ockams razor.

Let’s assume the device is functioning properly (though not well) unless Amir notes otherwise.

Last edited:

proud

I have been repairing this device. It has a valuable property - direct DSD mode. This is when re-conversion to PСM is not used, and the 1-bit stream goes directly only to the output FIR . I think that's why the volume control is done this way. The sound is really good ..
dsd track.pngIMG_20220111_145528455.jpg

Shadez

I have been repairing this device. It has a valuable property - direct DSD mode. This is when re-conversion to PСM is not used, and the 1-bit stream goes directly only to the output FIR . I think that's why the volume control is done this way. The sound is really good ..
View attachment 178180View attachment 178184
Yes despite its poor measurements there are a large number of people who to them this unit sounds excellent for the price, I suppose they could all be complete audio novices or have damaged hearing or very low end HP’s. Ockams razor indeed, I don’t own the unit btw so no axe to grind.

proud

Yes despite its poor measurements there are a large number of people who to them this unit sounds excellent for the price, I suppose they could all be complete audio novices or have damaged hearing or very low end HP’s. Ockams razor indeed, I don’t own the unit btw so no axe to grind.
Talking about sound, I meant the NativeDSD format

Top Bottom