• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

XDUOO TA-30

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hopefully those diodes will last.

hcl-1

The blowing-up might have happened because I'm using different tubes that draw more current?
Although the TA-30 gets far too hot, that's certainly not the cause for the blown diode. Still the cooling design really leaves me speechless. Also how psu/amp/digital parts share a single maze-like two-sided pcb.. all to save some space it seems - I'd prefer the device to be larger, have a logical structure and working cooling for sure.
Just out of curiosity, which tubes did you use, instead of the standard ones ?

oe9hlh

hi, i got this little headphone amp and was suprised about the sound, but

- its an hybrid amp ( 3 watts is too much for my sennheiser hd 800 300 ohms ), but i don´t care
- its an heater ........ i think the transistor on the bottem produce the heat,
and the housing encloses the heat, there is no dissipation.
did anybody consider to drill some holes in the bottom and may be on the the side
to cover the heat ??
anyway it is in germany pretty cold, so i love this little amp

-the most critical feature is the volume knop !!!! if i turn it only to the nine o`clock position
it blows my ears away.
which alps poti to install to cover this problem ?? 50k or more ? linear or logarirhmic ?
which alps serial number ??

thanks for replies

greetings from munich in germany
reinhard
What does B mean on a potentiometer?

Potentiometer - Wikipedia

linear taper

Potentiometers made in Asia and the USA are usually marked with an "A" for logarithmic taper or a "B" for linear taper; "C" for the rarely seen reverse logarithmic taper.

Top Bottom