• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Xduoo TA-26 Tube Bliss

Leiker535

So your tell[ing me if i run aux outs into a lets say cambridge axa 35 integrated amp i wont hear the tube sound in my speakers ? If thats the case why does Xduoo say its pre amp ???????? whats the point.

On the contrary, you will. I'm just saying you already can get the tube sound on the mt 602/604 which are cheaper than the TA-26. The benefit from having the latter is using high impedance headphones on the Headphone out, for preamping you won't harness that.

They also have the mt 603, which is a dedicated preamp with three line outs.

Califmike33

Completely misunderstood you anyways I ended up going a different way I ended up buying this to accomplish my amplifier and my headphone needs.

Musical Paradise MP-301 MK3 Deluxe Edition 6L6 EL34 KT88 Class A Tube Amplifier

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
“Tube sound.” /shakes head sadly

Leiker535

“Tube sound.” /shakes head sadly
IMG_20230220_131943_583.jpg

nyxnyxnyx

Addicted to Fun and Learning
where can I find this amplifier for a sweet price?
I like the design and I guess at worst it'll sound adequate with my high impedance dynamic headphones.

SiamXIII

Objectively, aside from the higher THD and bigger glow, the Ta-26 offers a slightly different signature on headphones because of the high OI it spouses, being an OTL (output transformerless) amplifier, so it pairs well with high Z headphones like the Senn HD 6xx's like the OP's. Using it as a preamp, you don't have that factor, so it'd be cheaper just using a hybrid tube amp from the mt60x line, as the preamp function just passes the signal through the tube buffer to add in the "colourful" distortion.
Or just buy xDuoo MT-603 preamp)

lashto

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thinking about buying this headphone amp anybody use this as a preamp into a solid state amp?
I have its twin-brother the Darkvoice 336.
Tried it once as pre, works just fine but nothing special. At least the Senn 650 did sound ~same as from the SS amp directly (see @Leiker535 comments). Might have also been an impedance mismatch with my SS amp, it was just one trial.

Could sound quite diff with other HP amps or speaker amps, cannot say. Surely it'll sound much better if you have low impedance HPs which don't sound good directly from the tubes (e.g. most planars)

Top Bottom