• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

wy speaker correction software that use not linear phase sound worse when can hear ITD

bennybbbx

Addicted to Fun and Learning
hear the example video if you can hear a diffrence.
this do only EQ left side on low frequency. when minimum phase setting is unchecked the EQ use linear phase . I can hear in this example lots diffrence in reverb and bad feeling in ear. I think this explain wy speaker correction software bring no good results. full linear phase correction i know only sonarworks. but this use very large delay the negative side of linear phase. I always need look that left and right Eq use same settings. when both EQ use same settings, i hear not diffrence between linear phase or minimum. so use linear phase is only important when process left and right channel with diffrent Eq settings. ITD is interaural time delay
there is hear test too.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/binaural-hearing
Binaural hearing uses two main acoustic cues: interaural time difference (ITD) and interaural level difference (ILD) (Doerbecker and Ernst, 1996; Francart et al., 2011): • ITD is the delay between both ears. It is efficient for low frequencies (below 850 Hz). It is due to the envelope of the signal reaching the two ears. It can be reminded that a sound coming from the side at 90° has an ITD of 0.6 ms. When the source is situated in the front (azimuth 0°), the so-called front target, the ITD is 0 ms. • ILD is related to the intensity reaching the two ears. The signal is more or less attenuated by the head shadow. This effect is mostly perceptible with high frequencies (above 3 kHz). ILD is 0 for the front target.

mohragk

Why would you EQ channels separately? You're not finishing a mix or mastering a track, your correcting for the room.

OP
B

bennybbbx

Addicted to Fun and Learning
room correction software measure allways diffrent EQ settings for left and right channel. can be much on bass and depend on the smoothing, with less smoothing is very much. see here https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-page/2015/10/2/arc-2-vs-reference-3 .he have a good room with damping.

and on my room (L form 17 qm) is more diffrence. arc have a setting COmbined LR correction. this use same EQ settings for both channels, but it correct not so good.

Attachments

• measure.jpg
    measure.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 71
Top Bottom