• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

WTB: Remote for Topping DX7

stunta

Patreon Donor
Yes that was me but the seller was Shenzhen something via Newegg . I would be very surprised if you get a DX7.

I posted an amazon link earlier for the remote. Either Logitech remote should work I think.

Thanks on which mode to get if I don't get a remote.

Will I then go to Logitech to look up the programing code for the Dx7?

Thanks for your help .

Jorj

Patreon Donor
You either need the code or have to put the universal programmer in "learning mode" which obviously requires having the unit.

Since I have the remote, I may be able to help with the later. Maybe I can buy the universal remote, program it and send it to you? The "hex" code can be captured and sent to people but I am not sure cheap universal programmers have this kind of programmability.
@amirm Do you mind capturing those codes for me? I use my IR blaster on my tablet and can program the codes in quite easily via XML.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm Do you mind capturing those codes for me? I use my IR blaster on my tablet and can program the codes in quite easily via XML.
I don't have an IR capture device unfortunately.

Jimster480

Patreon Donor
How can you capture codes with an IR USB device? Is there a program to do it? I have an IR capture device for my HTPC and I have a DX7 w/ remote obviously. I will do it for you if you can give me a software that can raw read the IR receiver.

Jorj

Patreon Donor
How can you capture codes with an IR USB device? Is there a program to do it? I have an IR capture device for my HTPC and I have a DX7 w/ remote obviously. I will do it for you if you can give me a software that can raw read the IR receiver.
If your HTPC has a receiver and not just a blaster, you might be able to find a program that can access it. Most of the recommendations I'm seeing are to grab an Arduino and use that, but I'm betting that setup is non-trivial also. I'd think that if you had an IR-receiver and an oscilloscope, you could get the raw I/O stream, which is easy to convert using any of a number of websites out there.

FYI, Topping service did provide the attached C files, which I assume are the sections of CPLD code that control the IR inputs. I could not distinguish the protocol from these, but perhaps one of the more experienced members of the forum could. I did make a half-hearted attempt to translate the Chinese characters in the IR.c file header lines.

Attachments

Jimster480

Patreon Donor
If your HTPC has a receiver and not just a blaster, you might be able to find a program that can access it. Most of the recommendations I'm seeing are to grab an Arduino and use that, but I'm betting that setup is non-trivial also. I'd think that if you had an IR-receiver and an oscilloscope, you could get the raw I/O stream, which is easy to convert using any of a number of websites out there.

FYI, Topping service did provide the attached C files, which I assume are the sections of CPLD code that control the IR inputs. I could not distinguish the protocol from these, but perhaps one of the more experienced members of the forum could. I did make a half-hearted attempt to translate the Chinese characters in the IR.c file header lines.
This is code to look for/read IR codes...
I am a C programmer lol this is very simple stuff. But in the .h file....

#define RC_1X_IR_HEADPHONE 0X04
#define RC_1X_IR_LINEOUT 0X40
#define RC_1X_IR_INPUT_L 0X47
#define RC_1X_IR_INPUT_R 0X15
#define RC_1X_IR_VOL_INC 0X46
#define RC_1X_IR_VOL_DEC 0X16
#define RC_1X_IR_MUTE 0X06
#define RC_1X_IR_POWER 0X18
#define RC_1X_IR_HEADPHONE_LINEOUT 0X55
#define RC_1X_IR_A 0X10
#define RC_1X_IR_DIS 0X14
#define RC_1X_IR_FIR 0X54
#define RC_1X_IR_IIR 0X50

#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_USB 0X10
#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_COAX 0X11
#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_OPT 0X12
#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_AES 0X0E
#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_VOL_INC 0X15
#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_VOL_DEC 0X0D
#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_MUTE 0X14
#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_POWER 0X00
#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_DAC 0X04
#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_DAC_EAR 0X05
#define TP32EX_YKQ_IR_EAR 0X16

These are bytevalues, so those may be the codes?

Jorj

Patreon Donor
This is code to look for/read IR codes...
I am a C programmer lol this is very simple stuff. But in the .h file....

These are bytevalues, so those may be the codes?
Yes, the code is quite simple and readable even for a non-programmer like me. But those bytecodes are transformed by the IR chipset into pulses, and if we knew the protocol, then we could use them. NEC is the most common protocol, but I tested against that protocol with no success.

Jimster480

Patreon Donor
Yes, the code is quite simple and readable even for a non-programmer like me. But those bytecodes are transformed by the IR chipset into pulses, and if we knew the protocol, then we could use them. NEC is the most common protocol, but I tested against that protocol with no success.
That's what I figured because I doubt it could just send "bytes" as there has to be a protocol to send said bytes with.
I'm not familiar with how IR works, so I imagine it would be some binary pulses of some sort, maybe similar to garage door openers.

Top Bottom