• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WTB: Okto Dac8 Pro (no longer needed)

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just a week ago after no power for 4.5 days it came back on with a vengeance taking out all kinds of circuits around the property but what hurts the most is it destroyed my Okto Dac8 Pro. I've only owned it less than a year. :mad: My whole system is built around this thing as an active XO. I've had no response at all from Pavel so I'm looking for a replacement.

Please let me know if you've got one you're not using or want to move along.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just a week ago after no power for 4.5 days it came back on with a vengeance taking out all kinds of circuits around the property but what hurts the most is it destroyed my Okto Dac8 Pro. I've only owned it less than a year. My whole system is built around this thing as an active XO. I've had no response at all from Pavel so I'm looking for a replacement. Please let me know if you've got one you're not using or want to move along. Sorry to hear that. Hope you find a replacement.

DennisT

A squirrel decided the aluminum wire on our neutral was just the thing to chew on and ended up chewing completely through it. My first indication was the electrical in my house started to go haywire. The fridge would kick on and lights would get brighter. Some things would only work when the oven was on, etc. Fried a lot of things. A few items were protected and that sold me on protecting everything.
I have several of the APC Line-R filters. They're actually voltage regulators so they will boost in brownouts and reduce in surges. Anything electronic of value is connected to one now.

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
they are taking orders again. order a new one. Sorry about the accident, doesn't sound good...

OP
DWPress

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They started taking orders again the day mine died but no longer are unfortunately, I should have just ordered one then. It's been holiday time so I don't begrudge Pavel for not getting back to my emails but it would be nice if he did soon....

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
they are going to be opening orders every couple of weeks or so from what their last newsletter said. Keep your eyes open for the next opening.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just a week ago after no power for 4.5 days it came back on with a vengeance taking out all kinds of circuits around the property but what hurts the most is it destroyed my Okto Dac8 Pro. I've only owned it less than a year. :mad: My whole system is built around this thing as an active XO. I've had no response at all from Pavel so I'm looking for a replacement.

Please let me know if you've got one you're not using or want to move along.
You also need to see if you eligible for some warranty service. Even if you think you are not, ask anyway.

OP
DWPress

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Still no word back from Okto - bump.

Mashuri

Are you still looking for a unit? I‘m planning on listing mine but would like to give you first dibs.

9CC8D971-EB9A-40EA-A172-8A0FD304415A.jpeg

OP
DWPress

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you so much for thinking of me @Mashuri but I was able to get mine functional again. I'll amend my post. I'm sure you will have no trouble finding a new home for it.

Top Bottom