• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WTB: miniDSP SHD Studio -- Canada, Ontario

henrynguyen5

Hi there,

I'm looking for a miniDSP SHD Studio to power my Genelec 8341a's along with a matching sub

Kind regards,

Henry

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi there,

I'm looking for a miniDSP SHD Studio to power my Genelec 8341a's along with a matching sub

Kind regards,

Henry
Why not just use GLM that’s made for those speakers. I’m not even sure you can do what you’re intending .

OP
H

henrynguyen5

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The GLM is the correct way to deal with both speakers and sub. Anything else will not work as well. You don’t need miniDSP, DSP is being done via GLM.

OP
H

henrynguyen5

The GLM is the correct way to deal with both speakers and sub. Anything else will not work as well. You don’t need miniDSP, DSP is being done via GLM.
So if I wanted streaming support like what the SHD offers, I'd just install the streaming services that I would like on the computer that is connected via USB to the GLM module?

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So typically you source DAC goes to the sub(s) then to the monitor’s. GLM has its own circuit path.

You can supply either digital source or analog to the system.

Top Bottom