• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WTB: MASSDROP X THX AAA™ 789 [EU]

Veri

Master Contributor
There's one on eBay right now but bids start at 600EUR.
Sold my own for near 700EUR... low supply is really messing with the price.

OP
D

dxz

Yeah, this whole situation around reasonably priced balanced HP amps is kind of sad. And I'm not that desperate. I put this up just in case there is one available for around €500 or so. If not, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Veri

Master Contributor
Yeah, this whole situation around reasonably priced balanced HP amps is kind of sad. And I'm not that desperate. I put this up just in case there is one available for around €500 or so. If not, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's especially sad since I would have preferred to keep mine, but could not justify keeping it for resale prices they're going for :p

PS:: good luck finding one, and be sure to check out https://hifishark.com

Last edited:
Reactions: dxz
OP
D

dxz

Thanks. I thought I'd try and alleviate some of the pressure off my adorable slab of aluminium (S6 Pro). Poor thing is maxed out trying to push my HE400i with a balanced cable.

Jimmy

I wouldn't fall prey of the hype train, 400$ is already quite a bit of money for a headphone amp (anyway I think that 350-400$ is good value for what's offered). Let's see what Tom/Neurochrome can bring, and also what Topping can offer with the new DX7 Pro (although it doesn't have analog inputs), but don't forget that well designed solid state headphone amps (balanced or not) with enough power sound very much alike, the huge differences are found in transducers/headphones.

Top Bottom