• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[WTB][EU] Amplifier for KEF Q100 - Got one, thanks!

pirxel

Hello everyone,

I'm on the hunt for an amp with copious amount of juice for my beloved KEF Q100 pair (8ohms, 86 db sensitivity).
I'm currently amplifying them with an smsl sa-98e, but I just got that to get started and now I'm thinking it is weak-sauce.

Would love to get a nice one used, from the EU preferably due to shipping costs.
Power amps work as my dac works as a pre (preferably with a power button in the front), but I'm also fine with an integrated amp.
Black stuff is preferred, but it is required to have at least 80W into 8Ohms and 0.1 THD at max power or better if you please ;)

I live in a small apartment and the speakers are in a medium size living-room. The system is on a desk, big stuff can go under the desk, but something more desk friendly is welcome as well.

Recommendations are more than welcome too!

EDIT: got me a sweet deal on a yamaha a-s301 and I'm happy!

Last edited:

maty

Major Contributor
If you listen to very good recordings with high dynamics... better 80 watts at 8 Ohms or at least 100 watts at 4 Ohms. Remember, the true sensitivity is only 85 dB/W/m. And minimum impedance of 3.9 Ohms.

Of course, max power numbers at THD 0.1% and not at 1% or... 10% THD as more cheap Chinese class D.

Bixet

Hi
In case of any interest, I have put my Apollon NC800SL for sale on HF ( here). Will post a proper thread here soon.

Cheers

OP
pirxel

pirxel

Hi
In case of any interest, I have put my Apollon NC800SL for sale on HF ( here). Will post a proper thread here soon.

Cheers
Thanks Charles, that is a beauty, but considerably above my budget, I had about half that tops. Great stuff tho!

Top Bottom