• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WSJ: "Are AirPods Out? Why Cool Kids Are Wearing Wired Headphones"

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
When is it going to be socially “cool” for me to wear a pair of stax in public?

The cans are cool. Not sure how you are going to carry (and carry off) the energizer and portable generator to go with them though.

ta240

Major Contributor
As long as some form of headphone is 'cool'; because I'm tired of sitting in waiting rooms listening to someone's phone blaring the audio from whatever brilliant bit of art they are watching on it.

And, just how was a single line subject for this thread able to get this song stuck in my head

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Seriously though anyone who doesn't own a pair of NC over ear headphones with good bluetooth implementation is missing out on one of the greatest joys in audio.

Firefly00

The cans are cool. Not sure how you are going to carry (and carry off) the energizer and portable generator to go with them though.

Reactions: 617

ta240

Major Contributor
I'm out of the loop. Does "low-fi" means "simpler" now?

Very weird to add "-fi" in the middle of "Low-fi tech"; for what should just be "low tech". I thought maybe whoever said it just had no idea about audio and the whole "hi-fi" "low-fi" thing, but it was " marketing coordinator at Rostrum Records ".

“A lot of people make fun of that whole tech-finance-bro look where they always have their Patagonia vest on and their AirPods in." We are such weird animals; one type of person wears them so, even though that would be the only thing you have in common, you choose not to wear it for only that reason.

Get the cord caught on things a few times and wireless looks pretty good again when you are moving around and doing things.

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Only half a kilo too- bit of reinforced stitching in your pocket and you are good to go.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This all too funny because very few phones have headphone jacks any more. With LG out of the phone market the DACs are crappier too.

Top Bottom