• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wow! OMG! How do you express intense like without being over-dramatic?

YSC

Major Contributor
Seem pretty good to me based on the measurements

image_large2

image_large2

image_large2
TBH when I first saw a huge paragraph of superlatives and experience claiming my tin foil hat was raised, but then reading these it likely just confirms a budget star, which, performs very good on axis with slight directivity error. definitely looks better than a lot of much more expensive competitions, enjoy your rig.

posvibes

When I lived in Europe in the 1980's-90's the audio magazines were always filled with what seemed at the time a revival or revitalization of the German loudspeaker industry and there were a plethora of models from the likes of ELAC, Canton, HECO, Quadral, Magnat up and down the model lines and price classes. Stereoplay magazine used to have a table of hifi gear with their ranking and order, based on their testing and evaluation. Imagine that!

blueone

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Heco 1000 reminds me of a smaller version of my old a/d/s M15s.

Nice room.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
TBH when I first saw a huge paragraph of superlatives and experience claiming my tin foil hat was raised, but then reading these it likely just confirms a budget star, which, performs very good on axis with slight directivity error. definitely looks better than a lot of much more expensive competitions, enjoy your rig.
By funny coincidence I passed yesterday by an electronics shops which had a pair of the smaller Aurora 700 Colors playing and I quite liked their sound, so I looked up for measurements and they also look decent, even more considering their around 800-900€ pair price here https://www.i-fidelity.net/testberichte/hifi/heco-aurora-700-colors/seite-6.html

YSC

Major Contributor

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
looked really nice design wise or measurement, the high shelf above ~10khz is a bit strange though
In that region it is not an audible problem though for most of us, rather gives a bit more "silver glitter".

cavedriver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
along with the larger DIREKT 2 way

I am thinking of ordering for US delivery, anyone familiar with KRONOS AV?
I thought Heco discontinued the Direkt line. iirc, I even asked one of their reps about it and they confirmed it, but I'm not sure.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought Heco discontinued the Direkt line. iirc, I even asked one of their reps about it and they confirmed it, but I'm not sure.
Yes, it is unfortunately discontinued

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
I want to know how the Aurora 300 fare. At $550 they challenge the ELAC DBR62 and Polk R100.

View attachment 228909
I just picked up an open box pair of Wharfedale 12.2's to try out and was wondering about trying these budget Heco's as well.
They appear to be a slight step down from the Wharfedale 12.2 in build quality (it appears the Wharfedale uses higher quality cabs, drivers and crossover parts which may or may not add up in a meaningful way) though looks can be deceiving and the 12.2's were design with Karl Heinz Fink as the design/consulting team so I consider that an asset.
Anyway maybe a Heco will be Klippel tested soon.

It isn't well known, until very recently, particularly after Andrew Robinson and Audioholics did reviews.

Over the few years, I tried horns (Klipsch Forte IVs), electrostatics (Martin Logan 13A), planars (Magnepan 1.7i), and dynamic (Focal 1038be). I had already switched to my current Denafrips Iris DDC, Pontus DAC, and Technics 1210GR turntable with Lyra Delos cart, Pro-ject TubeBox DS2 phono preamp, and Willsenton R8 amp. None of those speakers I mentioned satisfied me in terms of full-range, smooth sound. They were detailed but at the expense of a high-end slightly brighter than I like.

The Heco 1000, right out-of-the box, gave me what I had been searching for. It is accurate and extended without being in the least bright. I am Cuban and love the brassy music. The slightest brightness in a speaker can be very fatiguing. Instead of shaking your hips to the music you cover your ears and ask for mercy.

The Heco has balanced tonality second to no speaker I've heard recently. I literally can sit all night listening to all kinds of music, americana, bluegrass, blues, jazz, or classical. None of it is fatiguing. All good speaker traits the Heco 1000 has in spades. I hope that gives you a good feel for why I decided on them.
I recently tried to find Andrew Robinson's review on YouTube but it has mysteriously vanished.

Top Bottom