• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Would you give up your headphone jack on your phone???

Trouble Maker

Addicted to Fun and Learning
My phone has headphone jack but I use it only for trivial things like calls and video conferences etc. For critical music listening there are lots of great choices of dongles to choose from. So for me removing the headphone jack is not a big deal.

Agreed.

My takeaway is this, and maybe I didn't specifically state it.

For me, this is nice bonus since I won't have to take a dongle.

But also someone with harder to drive headphones might get this or another newer phone with headphone jack with similar limits. They might pick this because it has a headphone jack and think 'yeah, it won't be reference, but I won't have to carry 1 more thing when I travel or commute by train/bus' When it can't even drive their headphones to useable levels, then they have to get a dongle anyway. And maybe a 3 way OTG cable so they can charge too. Oh, and a battery backup* to charge it.

*As a side note, the battery (life) seems pretty phenomenal on this thing so far.

Timbo2

*As a side note, the battery (life) seems pretty phenomenal on this thing so far.

I would agree. The advantage to a big battery, mid range chipset and deciding to just go with a standard 60Hz refresh rate.

I don't do video of any significance, but the complaint right now is that at the highest resolution shooting video will cause the phone to overheat and stop recording.

Top Bottom