• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Would something like schiit heresy benefit my case ?

madDog

Hey guys. I have the goxlr mini and was wondering how well that would pair with schiit heresy. My intention is to use the goxlr as dac only and go out to heresy. I mosty listen to music on my headphones and occasionally play some games. I currently own the hd598 and the dt770 pro 80 ohm. I do intend to buy harder to drive headphones in the future. Probably dt 990pro 600 ohm version. Would i notice any difference in sound quality, compared to just pluging them directy to the goxlr headphone port ?Obviously with the external amp i would be able to drive em louder, but what about actually hearing the difference ?

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
i am not aware of measurements of goxlr mini. Heresy is outstanding, and I am sure they would pair well. Heresy has plenty of power to drive all those headphones cleanly and loudly, so you would probably see some improvement in some of the use cases you mention. Hard to say if the differences would be audible. With 600 ohm headphones at high levels, Heresy will probably measure better.

OP
madDog

madDog

Thank you for your input Heli, i'll wait for someone else to chime in just so i can get some more opinions in. I-m sure someone has a goxlr on here and already went through all this. Its kinda crazy how good a 100$ amp can be, makes me feel sorry for everyone that bought something else just before heresy came out :)

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Would i notice any difference in sound quality, compared to just pluging them directy to the goxlr headphone port ?Obviously with the external amp i would be able to drive em louder, but what about actually hearing the difference ?

Hard to say. Specs of the GoXLR mini are non conclusive regarding output level and output resistance.
It won't be worse in any case regardless if it is Heresy, Atom, L30 etc.

Top Bottom