• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Would it be useful for ASR to have an equipment review queue available?

goldark

Forum Donor
I was just thinking of this looking through posts over on the speaker forum of speakers that Amir has ordered for review. I'm not sure how much extra work it would involve but would a running list of equipment in queue for review be helpful? Obviously if it's too much trouble, it wouldn't be worth it but perhaps a sticky thread with a list of equipment organized by category that's added to as items come in and deleted from when they get reviewed.

wasnotwasnotwas

I was just thinking of this looking through posts over on the speaker forum of speakers that Amir has ordered for review. I'm not sure how much extra work it would involve but would a running list of equipment in queue for review be helpful? Obviously if it's too much trouble, it wouldn't be worth it but perhaps a sticky thread with a list of equipment organized by category that's added to as items come in and deleted from when they get reviewed.
That would imply an order in which they will be reviewed though. And I don't think Amir runs it first come first served.

silentt29

I was thinking about this recently and I've realized that I kind of prefer the element of surprise with the reviews.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
It would be useful if there is an estimated timeframe of reviews.

Its not possible to say exactly when or which will be the next few items to be reviewed as sometimes contributors do not have the time be leave their equipment with ASR for too long.

So I guess a 1 month window of list of items to be up for review next might work for @amirm ?
Of course, if there are items on "news embargo" or NDA from manufacturers, those would be nice bonuses when they get reviewed without prior notice.

Top Bottom