• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Worst movie ever?

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Without a doubt, this 'film', is the worst agglomeration of images ever captured on celluloid:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Human_Centipede_(First_Sequence)

I'm warning you now, DO NOT look at the trailer or any clips of that 'film'. You will be sorry if you do. I take no responsibility for the psychological damage that you will incur from viewing any part of it.

After that, any 'film' by Uwe Boll outranks any 'bad film' out there as the worst movie of all time.
I tried to watch that and turned it off in disgust. Just going too far.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
I like the Constantine film. It's no masterpiece far from it but I find it entertaining.

No, it is masterpiece. By definition, all his movies are masterpieces of the Keanu genre.

That may need clarification, it's also a great film. For f*cks sake it has Keanu and Tilda Swinton ... @Blumlein is clearly [redacted].

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
No, it is masterpiece. By definition, all his movies are masterpieces of the Keanu genre.

That may need clarification, it's also a great film. For f*cks sake it has Keanu and Tilda Swinton ... @Blumlein as clearly [redacted].
Oh, I like Tilda and Keanu when they are good. And while Keanu is not great actor for some things he is the right guy. Also a pretty nice person by most accounts. Constantine was a cool, cool idea and all, but somehow missed the mark badly to me.

One Swinton movie which didn't get much notice I liked, but may not be everyone's cup of tea is "Only Lovers left Alive".

Last edited:

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Yeah I know mate... but this is truly shithouse, truly B grade from the acting to the filming. :D

This is also garbage;

MV5BODcwZWFiNTEtNDgzMC00ZmE2LWExMzYtNzZhZDgzNDc5NDkyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

JSmith
It's a guilty pleasure, but I always enjoyed the old SyFy movies... The ones from The Asylum were the best.
Sharknado is an obvious twist. It was intentionally bad.
My favorite about the Asylum movies is the repeated use of certain green-screen "assets"... There is this cave that has been in at least 3-4 movies that I know of for certain. Just outright bad, but entertaining.

What was the SyFy movie that used the St Louis Planetarium as a set where scientists unleashed a black hole that was eating the Earth? That was an ABSOLUTE classic!... if you drank enough Absolut! :p

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Oh, I like Tilda and Keanu when they are good. And while Keanu is not great actor for some things he is the right guy. Also a pretty nice person by most accounts. Constantine was a cool, cool idea and all, but somehow missed the mark badly to me.

One Swinton movie which didn't get much notice I liked, but may not everyone's cup of tea is "Only Lovers left Alive".

I can agree with you there, Only Lovers Left Alive was excellent.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Without a doubt, this 'film', is the worst agglomeration of images ever captured on celluloid:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Human_Centipede_(First_Sequence)

I'm warning you now, DO NOT look at the trailer or any clips of that 'film'. You will be sorry if you do. I take no responsibility for the psychological damage that you will incur from viewing any part of it.

After that, any 'film' by Uwe Boll outranks any 'bad film' out there as the worst movie of all time.
It earned a great spoof from Southpark with the HumanCentiPad episode! :p (S15E1).

Unground

Nothing comes close to the 1974 Connery disaster, Zardoz.

View attachment 236519

from wikipedia:

Zardoz was released in theaters on February 6, 1974, in Los Angeles and New York. When the film was released, it was immediately met with terrible reviews. Along with the scathing reviews, the public reacted very poorly to the confusing world of Zardoz. According to a Starlog Magazine article on Zardoz "these reviewers (and the general public) failed to understand many of Boorman's analogies and philosophical statements".[21] The confusion caused word of mouth to spread very quickly that Zardoz was not worth watching and soon theaters showcasing the bizarre sci-fi were left practically empty. Moviegoers reported that "when dissatisfied patrons from the previous showing exited the lobby, they would encourage those waiting to leave. Many times they did".[21] This bad reaction caused ticket sales to drop immensely. As Zardoz had a budget of $1.57 million and only made $1.8 million at the box office, it is considered to be a commercial failure. The film was later shown on local TV stations as late-night movie fare.
Yeah, talk about costume errors - should never have gone with that ponytail.

bluefuzz

Major Contributor
The only thing it had going for it was Charlotte Rampling
Well, that's a pretty big plus in my book! But I do like the film a lot. AFAIR Connery financed both Zardoz and The Offense with money from his last James Bond movie. His two best movies IMO ...

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Koeitje

Major Contributor
You guys need to watch Red Letter Media if you like bad movies.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
I managed to watch more of Human Centipede than LaLa Land, but that's not a reflection of how bad the first one was. My god ... and there were sequels.

Top Bottom