• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Worst and best bad movies you've every accidentally watched?

Dennis Murphy

Major Contributor
Technical Expert
The two worst movies I've seen were so bad I can't remember the names. One was a typical Greek Gods on Olympus turkey where you could see jet contrails in the background and hear Air Bus A300's landing. The more interesting one historically was a Western starring a then verrrrry young Jack Nicholson. He must have gone to acting school after that one and before Five Easy Pieces. I have honestly never seen a worse performance. Jaw dropping.

JSmith

Master Contributor
1615171500183.png

JSmith

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
Is there another Iron Sky film out there?

As for bad films, do the ones featured on MST3K count?

I think there was a second Iron Sky film. MST3K only counts if you watched them in their original form. ;)

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Audio connection (sort-of): Commando, which is the worst Ah-nold movie (and that’s saying something).

We wandered into it because we wanted a THX demonstration—this was when THX was brand new. After the THX trailer, the guy in front of us stood up and said, “I saw what I came to see” and left.

We should have followed him. And we knew that in the opening scene, where Ah-nold was carrying a 20-foot log over a shoulder that could only have been made from Styrofoam. The whole audience erupted in laughter.

Normally, I feel murderous about people who make snide remarks in a movie theater, but somehow it was okay with Commando.

In one scene, the heroine finds a receipt for aviation fuel in a bad guy’s car, and announces, “Type 4 aviation fuel—that’s amphibian!”

The guy behind us: “Does that mean it’s water-based?”

A later scene: Ah-nold getting in an inflatable dinghy from said amphibious airplane with about 50 weapons, needed to kill a couple of hundred bad guys on an island. He removes his shirt, the better to row, one supposes. He takes a mighty pull on the oars. Behind him, in the direction he’s going, is clean, landless horizon.

My turn: “You’re rowing out to sea, friend.”

It was Schwarzenegger’s first comedy, and it sure seemed like he was the only person who didn’t realize it.

Rick “don’t watch it” Denney

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Isn't that the definition of a Chuck Norris film?
I won’t hear a word said against Chuck, I’m of a very different stripe to him politically but once he yoko geris that cowboy boot into a bad guys face it’s all forgotten.

Top Bottom