• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Worst and best bad movies you've every accidentally watched?

mansr

Major Contributor
yeah that's a very vague statement. I could see not liking Jim Carrey in something like Ace Ventura, but Truman Show? Truman Show is a masterpiece.
Bruce Almighty had its moments too, despite being essentially a romcom.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Recently bought the BD of Riddick because I kind of started to like Vin Diesel from the Fast&Furious series. Boy that was a really bad movie, one of the worst I ever saw.

There are actually three movies in that series, the first was "Pitch Black", which i seriously enjoyed.

Andysu

Major Contributor
I listened to 2 mins out of 5 min scene from that, greyhound 2020, on my laptop in bed, as I am not in the THX cinema. worst loser oscar ampas movie sound I have ever listened too. The DME is dreadful. music is drowning out the sound effects and I found it almost impossible to hear intelligible dialog and there was no directional dialog. the sound mixers michael minkler should look for another career cos it gave me, listening fatigue in just few minutes and I switched off this scene. It gave me sea sic.... it gave me sound sickness. :( If I wanted to listen to african drums beating blasting down my ear I go to local zoo and listen to calming relaxing animals.

Gekel

The latest bad movie I tried to watch was this Imortal Combat thing. I stumbled across the trailer (the intro scene) on YT and thought: "yeah, splatter, maybe watchable". Problem of the movie is: this is the only better scene, and the rest is garbage.

Avoid the movie at all cost

Archsam

For me it was the original Jackass Movie - I went along with some friends not expecting anything, ended up LMAO for the whole time.

Gekel

One movie I can really recommend, even if you hate Horror/Splatter: Tucker and Dale vs. evil. My wife hates horror/splatter, but after some minutes she was just laughing when the next student was killed in the most ridicules way.

Colonel7

Addicted to Fun and Learning
There are actually three movies in that series, the first was "Pitch Black", which i seriously enjoyed.
Chronicles was just so bad but with a # of name actors and soon to be ones. Judi Dench, Karl Urban, Alexa Davalos, Keith David, Thandie Newton etc

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Chronicles of Riddick was a stupid movie, not so much a bad movie.

But I had never even heard of Pitch Black. Now I have to go look for it...

Rick “distinctions have to be made” Denney

Gekel

Pitch black was the first of this "mini series", and it was pretty cool.

audiofooled

Bad Grandpa (with Johnny Knoxville) is both the worst and the best, and anything in between, really bad movie I had truly accidentally watched.

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I can't decide wether best or worst.. :oops::rolleyes:

Black Cadillac (2003)
Three young men become terrorized in a high-speed car chase with a mysterious pursuant.
513WPJMBZVL._AC_SY445_.jpg

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

Eetu

Forum Donor
Dangerous Encounters of the First Kind (1980)
Dangerous_Encounters_of_the_First_Kind (1).jpg

"A sociopathic beauty urges three nerdy pranksters to embark on a deranged rampage."

Sums it up pretty nicely.
Definitely in the good bad movie category.

billmr

I haven't seen this one, but it is definitely in some category.

Ultra-violent horror movie about a young woman who has sex with cars and is impregnated by a vintage Cadillac stuns Cannes Film Festival

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tage-Cadillac-stuns-Cannes-Film-Festival.html

The Hollywood Reporter said the movie, which is competing for the Palme d'Or, might herald a 'French-Punk-Queer Wave', while IndieWire said it was 'one of the wildest films ever to screen at Cannes'.

But others were not as receptive to it. The Guardian called it a 'car crash' because of its 'sheer silliness and towering pointlessness', French paper Liberation said the storyline was 'pretty much inarticulate' and Switzerland's Le Temps wondered what the film-maker had meant by her 'pretentious' offering.

Top Bottom