• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Woofer Stands/Module

OP
M

muad

I'm in the middle of coming up with sub dimensions, and it's going to be tight. Pretty much 1/8th of an inch on either side of the flange. I will be routing the outer inset hole very close to the edge.

The internal width will pretty much be the exact 282mm, where the flange meets the basket/frame. I was going to rotate it so that 2 of the metal supports of the frame will be adjacent to the side walls of the cabinet. Like in the picture below. I'm hoping that would allow the woofer to breathe.

Does anyone see an issue with doing this?

sub cabinet.png

Attachments

• sub cabinet.png
    sub cabinet.png
    87.1 KB · Views: 40
OP
M

muad

So no side mounting?

One of the subs is jammed between two pieces of furniture, and I'm worried it may not have enough free space on the side to allow for enough air movement.

So I decided to front mount it and accept that it will be 0.625 inches wider than I planned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom