• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WolfX700 Measurements of HoloAudio Azure

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I just watched a video review of the 789, and it claimed the Azure amp was far superior.
This is the same dude who claimed and swore on head-fi that I am NWAVGUY. If he spent more time learning about audio science and engineering, and less time on expanding his imagination, he may have a useful of thought worth listening to.

Tks

Major Contributor
This is the same dude who claimed and swore on head-fi that I am NWAVGUY. If he spent more time learning about audio science and engineering, and less time on expanding his imagination, he may have a useful of thought worth listening to.

Now I understand his whole aversion when pressed for scientific testing of some sorts over the comments section in his videos. Pretty sad really..

Todesengel

Thanks Wolf. Impressive but is there a lot of people these days in the need of a preamplifier?

I believe that not everyone needs a preamp, but I can be sure that there is still a market for preamps.

I use a pre-amp solely because it affords multiple XLR outputs per channel and has very low distortion. I need the additional XLR output for stereo subwoofers. Passive splitters are a no no and active splitters (or at least ones I have seen) do not spec anywhere near as well as audiophile preamps.

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I just watched a video review of the 789, and it claimed the Azure amp was far superior.

Here is his review of the Azure

Of course he also rates the Audio-GD Master9 rather highly too, sooo take it for what it is worth

Again it seems some people just prefer that significant spike in the 2nd and 3rd harmonic.

Nice review WolfX700
Currawong is an old school audiophile where everything more expensive is automatically better and more refined, he believes that the extra money always go to some magic sauce.

Incursio

Currawong is an old school audiophile where everything more expensive is automatically better and more refined, he believes that the extra money always go to some magic sauce.

And I don't think they would be able to tell the difference if they couldn't see what they are listening to. In fact, I'd bet good money on that.

Unfortunately, I have yet to see one of these 'magical hearing' guys agree to take part in a properly conducted blind test, which is why I blocked anything that comes from this channel from appearing on my feed a long time ago.

There's enough BS in this world already.

GoldenOne

Not Active
Out of curiosity is anyone aware if this is at all a feedback based design?
Jeff Zhu/Holo seem to be making products which in each their own way are quite honestly feats of engineering, harmonics that low (or to be honest, lack of harmonics) on what at least SEEMS to be a non-feedback based design is nothing short of incredible.

Top Bottom