• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WolfX700 Measurement of Topping L30 Headphone Amp

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@JohnYang1997

Let's not get excited.
I do NOT like external power supplies (bricks).
I do HATE brick wall power supplies. Very unergonomic, particularly if placed on a power strip. Some don't even fit well in the wall and fall off !
So IN CASE you decided to use a brick, then (IMHO) it would be better to have the laptop style power brick with detachable IEC connector.

Just my opinion in terms of design and ergonomics .

maxxevv

Major Contributor
I think the best solution is for UK to change that connector... I think there is an obscure business there because we all turists must to buy adaptors every time we go to UK :)

I think it will be easier to enable the transformer with a removable adapter cable like what most laptop power adapters have. That will be way easier to mount at the end point for users as they can change the cable length as well as socket end if they need to. Its the same issue I have the JDS Atom too.

I used to leave my UK plug end of my laptop power supply behind and carried a US plug end when I used to travel to the US and Taiwan on business. It saved a lot of hassle for me doing it that way.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
@JohnYang1997

Let's not get excited.
I do NOT like external power supplies (bricks).
I do HATE brick wall power supplies. Very unergonomic, particularly if placed on a power strip. Some don't even fit well in the wall and fall off !
So IN CASE you decided to use a brick, then (IMHO) it would be better to have the laptop style power brick with detachable IEC connector.

Just my opinion in terms of design and ergonomics .
I won't trade off performance.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I won't trade off performance.
Just to understand better (promise it will be my last post on this subject):
You mean that a brick wall power supply has better technical performance than a laptop style power brick with detachable IEC connector. ?

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Just to understand better (promise it will be my last post on this subject):
You mean that a brick wall power supply has better technical performance than a laptop style power brick with detachable IEC connector. ?
Those are smps. If you are talking about transformer that has swappable cable then it will be 50 dollar premium for customizing power supply(at least). There's possibility to be much more.

Last edited:

Cat Music

Can anyone compare JDS Labs Atom Amp vs L30?
Can the L30 drive the IMR R2 Aten correctly without noise or buzz?

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Can anyone compare JDS Labs Atom Amp vs L30?
Can the L30 drive the IMR R2 Aten correctly without noise or buzz?
L30's noise is 1/5th to 1/10th of that of most high performance offerings. 105dB SNR at 50mV is unheard-of. So yeah I'm positive that it won't produce any noise or buzz. You have to make sure your dac doesn't do this.

MSTARK

@JohnYang1997 can you elaborate on this National Federation of Children Acrobatics (NFCA) topology in your amplifiers?

MSTARK

Veri

Master Contributor
In purpose to lower noise/feedback?
It's in order to reduce the distortion, via feedback in composite amplifier set-up not unlike what THX does with their AAA amplifiers.

MSTARK

It's in order to reduce the distortion, via feedback in composite amplifier set-up not unlike what THX does with their AAA amplifiers.
Without THX fees ;)

MSTARK

It's a proof that we don't need AAA and we can do better.

This licensing business practice was always getting under my skin. From THX, Dolby to Sony countless formats empire building BS.

James. B. Lansing

Forum Donor
Dealer
It will be guaranteed to have AU power brick if you buy from Addicted To Audio. Share with your friends that if they are going to buy Topping products buy from Addicted to Audio.
https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/
Absolutely appalling business ethics from topping. To advertise to buy from Addicted to audio. They have struck a deal for exclusive distributor in Aus. at the end of the day everyone is going to be paying more.

Veri

Master Contributor
0hQyd5L.gif

(sorry couldn't resist)

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Absolutely appalling business ethics from topping. To advertise to buy from Addicted to audio. They have struck a deal for exclusive distributor in Aus. at the end of the day everyone is going to be paying more.
No one is going to pay more. That's not how it works. You can say whatever you want. The actual consumers will tell.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Simply, ALA F off. Shitti people wanting to gain unfair advantages. Cut prices lower than it they should, presell products earlier than release.

Last edited:
Top Bottom