• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WolfX700 Measurement of Topping L30 Headphone Amp

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I don't really want to dig through A90 thread too much - if I understand correctly does this mean there is some range where turning knob doesn't actually turn the pot? Doesn't this make small adjustments to volume harder (or in some cases impossible) to do?
Not an issue in real world use.

Nelaer

Hi everyone! :)
Ordered L30 on 30.07 from AliExpress, but shop will send the item this Saturday or next week. They told me:
"The manufacturer will test the machine and send it to us if there is no problem in use.
We will arrange delivery for you as soon as we receive the product.
Would you like to wait a few days?
We appreciate your understanding about this inconvenience.
Thanks."

iamwhoiam

That's the issue. You should be getting proper AU plug just like the one from Atom. Where did you buy from? We need to contact them and see what happened.
If it's not addicted to audio, then I would recommend future purchase from them. If it is then there's the big issue.
Hi @JohnYang1997 . Mine arrived today to UK :D

However, I have a similar issue. I bought my from Aoshida (Aliexpress) and have a similar situation about the plug.

Does Topping produce the UK-style 3-prong plug?

This doesn't seem ideal and has actually fallen out from the adapter already... When I get it to balance, it probably hangs 30 degrees :oops:, but will eventually fall out anyway.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_7971.jpg

Last edited:

tankas

However, I have a similar issue. I bought my from Aoshida (Aliexpress) and have a similar situation about the plug.
Does Topping produce the UK-style 3-prong plug adapter?
This doesn't seem ideal and has actually fallen out from the adapter already... When I get it to balance, it probably hangs 30 degrees :oops:
Thanks in advance!

Something like this should work much better, or just cut like a small extesion cord from UK plug/cord and solder to your EU psu and use some electrical tape.

MX429829.jpgeuro_socket_uk_plug__82204_std.jpg

Last edited:

jaguone

Mine arrived today to UK

Did you have to pay for VAT, etc? I'm thinking of ordering one from Aliexpress but the Swedish Post is thorough in finding these parcels from China. And then they send you a invoice that has to be paid before you can fetch the parcel from the post office. It's a gamble!

MSTARK

This doesn't seem ideal and has actually fallen out from the adapter already... When I get it to balance, it probably hangs 30 degrees :oops:, but will eventually fall out anyway.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 76883

Sad yet hilarious. Hope you can find a better solution.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Something like this should work much better, or just cut like a small extesion cord from UK plug/cord and solder to your EU psu and use some electrical tape.

View attachment 76886View attachment 76890
I appreciate the intention to help but let's be careful in giving advice like this. We are talking mains voltages here and anyone who didn't know they could do this, likely shouldn't do it now! A definitely no electrical tape. If you are using tape, you are doing something wrong. Tape comes off after a while so provide no real protection.

Vini darko

Major Contributor

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 76883
Wow that's just plain dangerous looking. Message received : Avoid aliexpress like the plague.

iamwhoiam

Wow that's just plain dangerous looking. Message received : Avoid aliexpress like the plague.

Sad yet hilarious. Hope you can find a better solution.

Fingers crossed that Topping do a UK style adapter or have a better solution. If so, I can take it up with Aoshida etc.

If not, then this is not so great.

Adding even longer adapters or hacking into the transformer wiring isn't going to happen for me @tankas

Tup3x

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 76883
Get extension cord and put it sideways. :cool:

Tup3x

Also use shitloads of duct tape. It solves everything.

MSTARK

cf882cc03802eb32a80d5bb7312797ba.jpg

velasfloyd

This is not fair. Aliexpress works great! they sell like millions everyday, so even if they have 0,0001% of fail, that means we can receive something wrong. But overall Aliexpress is a great solution for us 3th word people... when you are not from europe or usa its difficult to access to things... buying topping through local retailers?? impossible... they only carry with the "secure" stuff (sony and the alike) and you can barely buy stuff from the year as they are slow as hell to get new stuff (and overpriced).

I think the best solution is for UK to change that connector... I think there is an obscure business there because we all turists must to buy adaptors every time we go to UK :)

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In real world listening, the noise performance is the most important thing. If anything is audible, other than frequency response, it will be noise. I found that high frequency noise even it's not that audible by itself, alters your perception of sound when you play music. And you can really hear the noise in late night with a quiet environment. Reducing the noise drastically can slightly make the sound more rounded, deeper, less "exciting"/irritating. It's very important for low impedance headphone/earphones.
@JohnYang1997

Could you develop your meaning: Reducing the noise drastically can slightly make the sound more rounded, deeper, less "exciting"/irritating

Surely due to the foreign language; but I would understand irritating as negative, but "exciting" could be a positive word, like excited about good Goosebump music.

MechEngVic

@JohnYang1997

Could you develop your meaning: Reducing the noise drastically can slightly make the sound more rounded, deeper, less "exciting"/irritating

Surely due to the foreign language; but I would understand irritating as negative, but "exciting" could be a positive word, like excited about good Goosebump music.
I'm guessing he means "sharp" based on the rest of what he's saying and the overall concept of lowering the noise floor of a signal.

akura

Does Topping produce the UK-style 3-prong plug?

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 76883

Mine looks like this too :D I've got it sitting on a flat powerboard so at least all the weight is going downwards and its reasonably stable. Hanging it off a wall socket looked pretty dice due to the weight. I think the extension cable idea (just plugging this combo into an extension so it can lie on the ground, no the soldering things bit...) is probably the best if you can hide it somewhere

MechEngVic

I took the plunge! I ordered a black L30 from Apos. I can't wait to hear it paired with my Soncoz LA-QXD1. I have a feeling it will be a marvelous pairing! I've been using a Bravo V1 with FET and trim pot replacements. It's alright, but I am putting my trust in the L30. The D30 I used for over a year was bulletproof and is now being used by my son. The L30 will be powering a pair of Sennheiser HD 300 PRO's. I will keep you all updated!

NDC

Oh. Ok..... Then it's absolutely fine that you get a EU plug that doesn't work well in AU. Not our problem. We supply AU plug power supplies to AU resellers and customers.

Hi John, I‘m in AU [] seem to be a distributor of Topping according to website. However I got the EU plug with adaptor as well. Any way to order an AU transformer separately as the adaptor is a bit precarious.

That said it works fine it seems - any issue with using the EU wall supply with adaptor aside from the awkward positioning?

Loving the stack!
C5C93C05-747A-4BC7-BBA0-B12A9903F634.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom