• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WolfX700 Measurement of Topping L30 Headphone Amp

MalinYamato

i'm not staring at my dac when listening music , it doesn't sound better when looking at it while playing music, in fact, 99 % of the time i have my eyes closed when listening music, meaning.... i'm listening to music, not watchin/looking/staring etc whatever synonym you can come up :(
well,well,well. Are you considering the wife-acceptance-factor? Why do you think ladies have such love for pretty things and carry $2500 to $3000 bags? -- not, really, necessarily because they are more practical! Ladies are out there with all their money for buying pretty DACs, Amps or DACAmp, of-course with best possible performance. I am a very feminine software engineer with lots of desk-work and the very few things I have at my desk are my red handbag, scarves, makeup kit, pretty coffee mug, a dac-amp and headphones. All should look the cutest for a lady of style. You know, I cannot bring a A90+D90 to work even if I got em free, you know. That stack is for macho muscle big masculine men.

Last edited:

MalinYamato

thank you for all info. Does the E30 also com in red as the L30? Red is my fav color :) The dac is usually put on top of the amp and it would be a pity if I have to buy a black dac that hides most of the red color on the L30 -- black on red looks nice, but the overall stack will be too balackish for me.

Last edited:

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
thank you for all info. Does the E30 also com in red as the L30? Red is my fav color :)
Yes, but with a bit of delay. We have to make sure the RED are the same on both. It's very common in the industry that the colors aren't consistent. It's also a challenge.

MalinYamato

Yes, but with a bit of delay. We have to make sure the RED are the same on both. It's very common in the industry that the colors aren't consistent. It's also a challenge.
So nice with a red one. yes, indeed, both have to have the exact same shade of red or it will look bad.

Last edited:

KPH

E30 has come with different colors. As well as the incoming L30. There are red, blue, grey on top of black and silver for your choice.
Curious how grey will be different from silver. Black and silver have black on front but the other colors will have a different front color?

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Curious how grey will be different from silver. Black and silver have black on front but the other colors will have a different front color?
Just darker silver. It jumps out less than silver yet doesn't have the red ring of black option which can be too "cool". It's a humble, neutral color which can be very suitable for some people.

Reactions: KPH

odyo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Great duo. Hands down best Topping products are E30 and L30. Now they need their balanced version. I'm not talking about overpriced and overfeatured stuff. Simply balanced versions of E30 and L30.

Make it 20cm wide instead of 10. Add balanced input outputs. Something like Modius and thx 789 killer.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Great duo. Hands down best Topping products are E30 and L30. Now they need their balanced version. I'm not talking about overpriced and overfeatured stuff. Simply balanced versions of E30 and L30.

Make it 20cm wide instead of 10. Add balanced input outputs. Something like Modius and thx 789 killer.
For 789. What about a single end output amplifier (with balanced input) that has higher power than 789. And cheaper. A balanced dac also will come with it.
For a fully balanced options. Well. It's not meaningful to have fully balanced only amp like erish. If you want balanced version of L30, A90 it is.
A combo is more applicable. But no real plan yet.

odyo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
For 789. What about a single end output amplifier (with balanced input) that has higher power than 789. And cheaper. A balanced dac also will come with it.
That's cool. Balanced headphone out not important for me but i'm sure it will be dealbreaker for a lot of people. I guess the only advantage is crosstalk with it.

E30+L30 is stack killer. It's $70 more than Schiit and JDS stack but imo it's easily warranted price increase.

Are you guys doing listening tests like Schiit while building these ?

3125b

Major Contributor
Cool, 140$ may mean 140€. Thats great since unfortunately, the US budget amps are not really available in the EU and become about as (~140€) expensive when imported.
So at the same price the offering from Topping would provide better performance (especially more power and <1x gain are welcome), support from the seller and, at least compared to the JDS Atom, better look and feel.
I might just replace my Atom amp if it turns out I can sell it without too much of a loss.

iamwhoiam

Finally, a stack shot :)....

stack1.jpg

stack2.jpg

Danielbb

Forum Donor
@ JohnYang1997
Stacked with the E30 and used as preamp, could I use the volume control of the E30 via the remote to regulate the volume?
Thanks in advance

Hai

Anyone know the release date of the l30? Might as well return my schiit heresy and just wait for the l30 then.

Illtrick

Anyone know the release date of the l30? Might as well return my schiit heresy and just wait for the l30 then.
Tomorrow. Source: Shenzhen Audio's facebook.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Hai probably just has upgraditis and will return his Heresy to make room for the L30 it seems.
Nothing much wrong with the Heresy though.
It's probably a looks and features fetisj... :D

Yuno

Hai probably just has upgraditis and will return his Heresy to make room for the L30 it seems.
Nothing much wrong with the Heresy though.
It's probably a looks and features fetisj... :D
I can't speak for anyone else, but to me amps such as heresy and atom are useless because I switch frequently through the day between speakers and headphones and I refuse to unplug my headphones hundreds of times just to use preamp. This is why I was asking for switch on l30 and thankfully Topping listened. I value functionality of my devices and this is one of the most important ones for me.
If someone mainly uses headphones then sure atom and heresy are fine.

Vini darko

Major Contributor
I can't speak for anyone else, but to me amps such as heresy and atom are useless because I switch frequently through the day between speakers and headphones and I refuse to unplug my headphones hundreds of times just to use preamp. This is why I was asking for switch on l30 and thankfully Topping listened. I value functionality of my devices and this is one of the most important ones for me.
If someone mainly uses headphones then sure atom and heresy are fine.
Good answer, l30 does tick a lot of boxes.

Top Bottom