• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WolfX700 Measurement of SMSL M300 MkII Edition

WolfX-700

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Coming with the Sanskrit 10th AK4493 Edition, there is also an upcoming SMSL M300 MkII. It seems that there was a measurement requirement for M300 before the forum?

This MKII version should theoretically be improved, but because I have not measured the M300, I decided not to think about it.

Look at things first:

Photo.jpg
Rear.jpg

This should be a unit of around $ 200. The surface treatment of the aluminum alloy chassis feels very good, but the processing accuracy is at a general level-if it sells for more than $ 500, I may criticize it.

Okay, the measurement starts:
Dashboard.jpg

Wow! :oops: 118SINAD?!

Dynamic-Range---No.jpg

Linearity-(-20.jpg

THD+N-Ratio.jpg

SMPTE-Ratio.jpg

FFT-Spectrum.jpg

J-Test.jpg

bequietjk

Wow. Very impressive and strong consideration for anyone looking for a low cost, excellent performing device.

ninetylol

How would one know if you got the mk1 or mk2 version?

August

Want to understand why the indicator is higher than the chip nominal(-116)

OP
WolfX-700

WolfX-700

Forum Donor
Want to understand why the indicator is higher than the chip nominal(-116)
Thank you for your reminder. I almost ignored this!
I think the measurement data in the official datasheet should be based on the official circuit. And this device should not be completely based on official circuits.

August

Thank you for your reminder. I almost ignored this!
I think the measurement data in the official datasheet should be based on the official circuit. And this device should not be completely based on official circuits.
He did mention that they already know how to greatly improve the implementation indicators of AKM chips.
In this way, we have made ak4497 better (SIAND=116dB), even ak4499, later you will know.

ninetylol

Oh so they removed optical in? If thats the case this isnt useful for me anyway :facepalm:

Kane1972

So this one has 5v power input which was one of the thumbs down points of the MK1. This could be the DAC for me as would have bought the D50s if it had XLR outs. Does this beat the D50s on performance?

Thanks

SMSL-Mandy

Audio Company
Is this DAC available now?

It will be resealed this week, But for the china traditional spring festival, we will have 15 days holiday.
The items stop shipping for 15 days. And we have sent the M300 MKII to amir for review and measurement.

Top Bottom