• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wolfx700 Measurement of Hifiman HM1000

OP
WolfX-700

WolfX-700

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
28db SINAD

AVR's aren't THIS bad >_< (though multi-tones have been worse than the one here)

Also, those mountain peak looking graphs. I can only imagine the situation:

Kinda feel bad for the owner. Thanks wolfman! By the way, just out of curiosity - how's the battery life on this thing?

battery life 9h+(LineOut)

not bad

Reactions: Tks
OP
WolfX-700

WolfX-700

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This afternoon I learned from the friend who sent the device that HiFiMAN will recall the HM1000---upgrade the power supply. According to the official statement, this upgrade can reduce distortion.
I was very happy at the time-although the manufacturer didn't say anything, it was actually doing some improvement.

But when I know this so-called "upgrade" (in my opinion it is a recall), they asked users to pay for it themselves? !They even made a leaflet?

What a shameless behavior...

HMK2.jpg

Veri

Master Contributor
I would not consider Hifiman non-headphone products... I find their Ananda headphone quite good, but this HM1000 is something else... :oops:o_O

Reactions: Sak

YSC

Major Contributor
As someone enjoyed their headphones and earphones (RE-600 and HE-500) for years since I first enter headphone game, as much as I loved how they honor out of warranty replacement (my HE-500 was out of warranty with a hinge rubber O ring cracked and dropped out, causing the cup to wiggle a bit if I squeeze the holder a bit, when I sent the phone to the dealer hoping for some paid replacement or they can just sell me replacement part to replace myself they actually send me a new phone with new cables free of charge).

This is really unexpected Shxtty product, at that cost at least you should ship out something in remotely the mainstream performance like 8x dB SINAD for that R2R flavor... now 28dB is a huge WTFFFFFF

Sak

Really love Hifimen's headphones.
I had he400i, He4, he560v2, Ananda and now Sundara(very like it). Each headphone has its own charm, and good in its own way.
Вut I don't like their players.
Since first players, it was huge and not convenient, not portable devices for me.

Reactions: YSC

YSC

Major Contributor
Really love Hifimen's headphones.
I had he400i, He4, he560v2, Ananda and now Sundara(very like it). Each headphone has its own charm, and good in its own way.
Вut I don't like their players.
Since first players, it was huge and not convenient, not portable devices for me.
same for me but despite their ancient design look and inconvenience I used to think they should perform great judging by them able to bring back planar magnetic headphones to such a great success from the past drawbacks and Fang being a actual PhD in nanophysicsm, which I used to think he should know about measurements and make designs based on that

Eskamobob1

So, idk if its been mentioned (I scanned the thread but didn't read in depth). The one measured here is the middle of the line version. The totl one is rose gold and the only one with quad chips. Doesn't change anything conclusion wise, just decent info to have imo

YSC

Major Contributor
So, idk if its been mentioned (I scanned the thread but didn't read in depth). The one measured here is the middle of the line version. The totl one is rose gold and the only one with quad chips. Doesn't change anything conclusion wise, just decent info to have imo
Well, as a long term Hifiman fan I don’t think the quad chip version can tackle that horrid distortion.. I am really disappointed by their post 2014 products after they’ve gained reputation from HE4-HE6 era

Eskamobob1

Well, as a long term Hifiman fan I don’t think the quad chip version can tackle that horrid distortion.. I am really disappointed by their post 2014 products after they’ve gained reputation from HE4-HE6 era

Oh. Not claiming it will make any difference at all. Just thought it should be noted.

Also, anyone measure one of these after the power source upgrade? I figure info will be hard to come across outside of Asia in general, so links to Asian forums if measurements exist there are welcome as well

And yah. People rave about arya all the time and they just don't do it for me. Very technicaly proficient. Also very boring... I am currious to try susvara given all the rave reviews, but I have some reservations seeing how my arya impressions seem pretty starkly against the general impressions online

Skeptischism

their players have always been a shining example of what not to do in mixed signal PCB design; particularly in areas of power supply and IV stage.

it's all golden ear bullshit, jargon-laden hulks of things. the firmware is usually broken to some degree as well. Never seen them come close to the specs of the parts they use, although they love quoting them from the datasheet, without showing the results of their implementation.

Top Bottom