• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wolf's Measurements of SMSL M200 DAC

Veri

Master Contributor
I have just the RCA input on my ampli (HK6100). Do I have to use a Balanced/RCA connector?
That can't work. RCA has less pins than balanced XLR, you can't use such a 'connector' it'll accomplish nothing.
Unless you'll buy another amplifier, just use RCA. It's fine.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi there,
I have the smsl m 200 and I am using it with the RCA output instead of the Balanced ones. Do you suggest to use the balanced output instead? I have just the RCA input on my ampli (HK6100). Do I have to use a Balanced/RCA connector? It is worthy to do so?
Thanks
Leopoldo
No.

grisenti2

Furthermore, due to the fact that I do not ear any clip using 256 DSD files, which setting do you suggest? M200 working as pre-out or just as a DAC?
Acting as pre-out which is better: working at the max volume or reduce it a bit ?
Sorry for my very simple questions.
Thanks
Leopoldo

grisenti2

That can't work. RCA has less pins than balanced XLR, you can't use such a 'connector' it'll accomplish nothing.
Unless you'll buy another amplifier, just use RCA. It's fine.
thanks a lot for you clear answer
Leopoldo

grisenti2

Again,
how can you read the firmware version on your DAC M200?
Is the brightness value "br1-2-3" just dedicated to the display? I think so.
Googling around the SMSL site I have found a last version of driver: "XMOS_USBAudio_v5.50.0_2022-09-08_setup.exe". Do you know its use?
Thanks again.
Leopoldo

Top Bottom