• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wish list for Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) 2017

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
As most of you know, I am signed up for RMAF 2017. I will be leaving tomorrow, Thursday the 5th, and will return Monday. So I will be there for the full show.

Let me know if there is something of interest you like me to cover as that way, I will be sure to spend time on it.

If you see exciting things reported elsewhere, post those too so that I can put in my two cents on that! :)

If you are going to be there, I love to meet and say hello. Just PM me and we can hook up.

Here is a list of announcements of new products for RMAF 2017: https://www.audiofest.net/news/

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Be sure to study the show map so you don't miss anything (you complained about that in the past).
Study a map in advance??? You have me confused with someone else Ray! :D

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
*shrug* Ray loses his Guy Card.

I had planned to go this year, finally, but last weekend's plans moved to this weekend.

noobie1

Tekton Design Speakers. The Double Impact model is talked about quite a bit on the Audiogon forums.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
*shrug* Ray loses his Guy Card.

I had planned to go this year, finally, but last weekend's plans moved to this weekend.
Every trip to Denver I keep hope that we can meet Don after so many years of interacting online across three different forum!

But I understand. I was hoping to find an excuse to bail out of meeting Thomas when he said he was coming to visit us. Alas, that did not work out and I had to host the guy!!!

NWCgrad

The new Spatial Audio X2 Modular speakers look interesting. They are making their debut at the show.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Every trip to Denver I keep hope that we can meet Don after so many years of interacting online across three different forum!

But I understand. I was hoping to find an excuse to bail out of meeting Thomas when he said he was coming to visit us. Alas, that did not work out and I had to host the guy!!!

Me too, Amir. The first time I planned to go was 2010. Something has come up every single year since, maybe just not meant to be... I thought I had it this year but other folk had last-minute conflicts last weekend that shifted our plans a week, blah. When do you arrive and leave?

Edit: You said arriving Thursday night, leaving Monday? Maybe I can drive up Sunday afternoon, we'll see. Traffic is often horrible, and they are calling for snow Sunday night into Monday at our house.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Was that your plans, or, (cough) somebody else's?

PS: I had to look to see what a "guy card" is.

edit: I see. Somebody else's. Turn in your card.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Family plans, coordinating a get-together with the boys, planned for last weekend but one had to finish a project and the other is dealing with car issues (his is in the shop after massive hail damage and then finding a co-worker had backed into it and severely damaged the red end, getting everything fixed at once). Does it matter? Decades ago I went to CES and the like but these days rarely have time to sit and listen let alone tour the gear like I did in the past. And frankly the prices of hype have spiraled so out of control that I am demotivated. Somebody asks my advice, I'll list the few I've tried, apologize and tell them to go listen for themselves. Main reason I wanted to go was to meet Amir and just look around. In that order.

Top Bottom