• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiSa technology and its future developments.

Katji

Major Contributor
Where are those WiSa transmitters/receivers being sold, please?
You can buy WiSA transmitters [like Axiim Link USB WiSA Wireless Transmitter] but apparently receiver only with WiSA-certified speakers - like Klipsch Reference Wireless, B&O Beolab 17,18,19, Harman Kardon Citation.

• WiSA WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY: WiSA Certified USB Transmitter eliminates speaker wires by connecting to WiSA Certified Speakers.
  • EASY SETUP: No complicated A/V equipment or need to run speaker wires. Simply place speakers where you want them and plug them into an AC outlet. Follow the intuitive on-screen speaker setup to have immersive home theater audio in just minutes.
  • WORKS WITH: All WiSA Certified wireless speakers, 2019-2020 LG OLED, 2019-2020 LG NanoCell, All WiSA Ready sources, Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Windows 10 PC, Apple Mac.
  • AUDIO QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE: Support of up to 7.1 channels of 24bit/96kHz HD wireless audio processing for 10-band EQ, bass management, and more.
  • MOBILE APP: Complete control and fine tuning of the audio system through the Axiim LINK mobile app for iOS and Android.
WiSA stands for the Wireless Speaker and Audio Association, a trade body comprised of audio, consumer electronics and manufacturing brands.
The Association has over 60 members, including brands such as Bang & Olufsen, Denon, Harman, LG, Onkyo, Pioneer, TCL, TEAC, THX and Xbox.

F1308

Major Contributor
You can buy WiSA transmitters [like Axiim Link USB WiSA Wireless Transmitter] but apparently receiver only with WiSA-certified speakers - like Klipsch Reference Wireless, B&O Beolab 17,18,19, Harman Kardon Citation.

• WiSA WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY: WiSA Certified USB Transmitter eliminates speaker wires by connecting to WiSA Certified Speakers.
  • EASY SETUP: No complicated A/V equipment or need to run speaker wires. Simply place speakers where you want them and plug them into an AC outlet. Follow the intuitive on-screen speaker setup to have immersive home theater audio in just minutes.
  • WORKS WITH: All WiSA Certified wireless speakers, 2019-2020 LG OLED, 2019-2020 LG NanoCell, All WiSA Ready sources, Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Windows 10 PC, Apple Mac.
  • AUDIO QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE: Support of up to 7.1 channels of 24bit/96kHz HD wireless audio processing for 10-band EQ, bass management, and more.
  • MOBILE APP: Complete control and fine tuning of the audio system through the Axiim LINK mobile app for iOS and Android.
WiSA stands for the Wireless Speaker and Audio Association, a trade body comprised of audio, consumer electronics and manufacturing brands.
The Association has over 60 members, including brands such as Bang & Olufsen, Denon, Harman, LG, Onkyo, Pioneer, TCL, TEAC, THX and Xbox.
Thank you.
I am looking, as many others supporting CME iWA, for a transmitter/receiver set that allow us to make our keyboards wireless while keeping the loudspeakers we love our best, and the headphones.
It goes without saying that such a device will be, I do think so, truly great for everyone in the audio scenario.

Katji

Major Contributor
I don't understand how keyboard is involved. .................My wireless keyboard [like my mouse] has a wireless "dongle thing" in a USB port on the computer.
... and now there are Bluetooth mouses/keyboards.

F1308

Major Contributor
I don't understand how keyboard is involved. .................My wireless keyboard [like my mouse] has a wireless "dongle thing" in a USB port on the computer.
... and now there are Bluetooth mouses/keyboards.
I didn't make myself understood.
Audio scenario...musicians...music lovers.
Keyboard synthesizers...
Digital pianos...
Currently all wireless devices are for guitars and only transmit in mono, not stereo.
MIDI wireless is already a reality also thanks to CME.

But the last step in the chain, the transmission of a very low lagged high quality lossless stereo audio signal is still locked to the wires.

:):):):)

Last edited:
OP
Vacceo

Vacceo

Major Contributor
So funny HA HA!
I love how they are making fun of all these companies selling BS!!
The best part is having Dr. Oclee-Brown and Mr. Coorg not even batting an eyelid and with the same voice they´d introduce a new tech in cabinet reinforcing. :D

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Additing to this thread a news release about LG now supporting WiSa soundsend transmitters with eARC.

Anyone who has one of these TV's, transmitters, and capable speakers would appreciate hearing back findings.

I have an LG TV in my common room (kitchen/living room) and definitely would be interested in replacing my old Denon driven Polk 2ch setup with some KEF wireless speakers when the time comes. Getting rid of speaker wires and the wire from the TV to the Denon would definitely improve the look of the room.
PXL_20221001_162745574.jpg

OP
Vacceo

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Additing to this thread a news release about LG now supporting WiSa soundsend transmitters with eARC.

Anyone who has one of these TV's, transmitters, and capable speakers would appreciate hearing back findings.

I have an LG TV in my common room (kitchen/living room) and definitely would be interested in replacing my old Denon driven Polk 2ch setup with some KEF wireless speakers when the time comes. Getting rid of speaker wires and the wire from the TV to the Denon would definitely improve the look of the room.
View attachment 234342
You can already hook up a pair of active LS speakers (50, 60 or LSX) via earc.

They are not WiSa (at least, not certified) nor capable of multichannel (hopefully they will be in the future), but if you are using stereo only, it is perfectly possible to use them.

I know because I have an LG C20 connected to a pair of LS50 wireless II and a KC62.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You can already hook up a pair of active LS speakers (50, 60 or LSX) via earc.

They are not WiSa (at least, not certified) nor capable of multichannel (hopefully they will be in the future), but if you are using stereo only, it is perfectly possible to use them.

I know because I have an LG C20 connected to a pair of LS50 wireless II and a KC62.
I understand. I ideally would want to get rid of the eARC cable running from my TV out to the Denon in the cabinet next to it. With this little puck I can hide it behind the TV removing the unsightly cable from view.

OP
Vacceo

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I understand. I ideally would want to get rid of the eARC cable running from my TV out to the Denon in the cabinet next to it. With this little puck I can hide it behind the TV removing the unsightly cable from view.
I would love to be able to remove cables too, don't get me wrong. Waiting a bit may bring us all luck.

However, Dirac, multichannel and KEF actives would, for me, make a dream setup.

Harryharryharry

I've only recently learned about wisa, seems active wireless speakers will be the way to go. Am I right in thinking the Dynaudio focus range are the only ones available with Dirac at the moment?

Has anyone seen measurements of the focus range?

Such a shame the Kef LS60 didn't include Dirac and wisa. Maybe in the future or via competitors.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Such a shame the Kef LS60 didn't include Dirac and wisa. Maybe in the future or via competitors.
Actually the LS60 (and LS50WII as well probably) uses WiSa to wirelessly connect the second speaker. It’s just a closed system, so you cannot use it with other WiSa systems.

Harryharryharry

Actually the LS60 (and LS50WII as well probably) uses WiSa to wirelessly connect the second speaker. It’s just a closed system, so you cannot use it with other WiSa systems.
Yeah that's a shame. And it's only two channel at the moment?

The Bustard speakers look like good value and a long warranty but no Dirac sadly and their room correction implementation doesn't sound great (uses iPhone microphone).

OP
Vacceo

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Sarumbear in this thread pointed out, quite rightfully, that WiSa needs to expand the amount of speakers. If it already transmits Atmos, 16 channels seems to be the standard nowadays (even if just 11 are used).

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The Bustard speakers look like good value and a long warranty but no Dirac sadly and their room correction implementation doesn't sound great (uses iPhone microphone).
I really don’t see the point of having Dirac on a per speaker basis. I’d rather have multichannel Dirac at the WiSa transmitter. That makes it speaker independent and gives more possibilities, like DLBC.

Harryharryharry

I really don’t see the point of having Dirac on a per speaker basis. I’d rather have multichannel Dirac at the WiSa transmitter. That makes it speaker independent and gives more possibilities, like DLBC.
Is there such a transmitter available? I had a look at the obvious ones but didn't see any Dirac or equivalent

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there such a transmitter available? I had a look at the obvious ones but didn't see any Dirac or equivalent
There is a USB transmitter that is just an 8-channel sound cards you could run Dirac Live multichannel on your PC or Mac, DBLC should be coming soon to these platforms as well.

Top Bottom