• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wireless volume knob recommendation needed

MCH

Major Contributor
Hi, is there any wireless volume knob that works with moodeaudio or upnp or volumio or anything similar?
The limitations are: no Roon and no need for a pc.
Thanks for your input!

Ears of Tin

Being a couch potato, I use the BubbleUPnP app on my phone to control volume when I use Chromecast Audio. More often I use my phone's browser when listening with rAudio, Volumio or Moode on one of my Raspberry Pis. I never touch the amp.

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am not familiar with Moode but I know it has CamillaDSP integration and you can certainly do volume control in CamillaDSP. CamillaDSP has a web interface which you can access on your phone. Pretty sure that Moode also has some relatively easily integration with something like the FLIRC IR USB receiver (I stole some code from the Moode forum to implement IR control of CamillaDSP).

Michael

OP
M

MCH

Major Contributor
Thank you guys, the thing is the winter is approaching and i will be growing my potato roots on the coach more often and listening to music with my headphones, and to be honest, i am getting very tired of controlling the volume with my phone, doesnt add much to the experience, i prefer much much better the feeling of a volume knob and not having to open my eyes and scroll through the screen, specially in the semidark.
Sure i can keep on doing that, but if one of those things exists, i would definitely want to give it a try.
A simple remote could be a not so bad substitute, but a nice round knob with a decent feeling would make me a happy potato.
Thanks!

Top Bottom