• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wireless speakers

raphael

Hi all, here is another recommendation request...

This is my setup and what I'm looking for:
- wireless (bluetooth and/or wifi)
- purpose: music listening
- place: studio apartment (500sqf/50sqm). Ie. I will be hanging around the place while listening, not standing precisely in front of the speakers.
- listening volume: very low to medium (neighbors)
- size: as small and light as possible
- sound quality: not looking for the best but it should be at least decent. Convenience (size, connectivity etc.) is as if not more important.
- price: $200 to $600 though I could be convinced to go up to $1000 for something really worth it. I love a good value for money!

From what I have gathered the KEF LSX and Vanatoo Transparent Zero seem well rated. However the former seems expensive for what it's worth and the latter doesn't ship to my country.

Many thanks for your advice!

Katji

Major Contributor
50m^2 seems quite big...Although I suppose how far away you sit is more important...but you say you be moving around.
My room is not small, approx. 4.5m x 5.5m, and I doubt that the KEF KSX would be big enough...maybe, I could be wrong, but I wouldn't try it.
And I like it to work when I'm in the kitchen or the bathroom...the bathroom is sort of adjoining and the kitchen is like around the corner - so the sound has go through the doorway. I don't need it to sound right- hi-fi - I just need it to be ok. My speakers are 6.5", amplifier claimed 120W (+ 8W) ...KEF says the LSX is 70W + 30W for the tweeter.

reddie.k

I agree with Katji. You need something big to fill this room size and to sit as close as possible.

As a compromise I would get the minipods (already have 2 pairs) which have a reduced price for now. Can add a subwoofer like me - this elac which has auto equalizer and full control via an app. I recently got it and it is excellent at this price. Both measure very good. (since we are in the audiosciencereview forum I need to mention this)

Or maybe get a nice pair of tws earbuds with ambient sound functionality (to hear the environment around you) for when moving around and save some money.

Or get both of the above. :D

Top Bottom