• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wireless speaker solutions

SEKLEM

I'm considering the idea of "changing" my rear/side speakers for home theater to a wireless solution. Currently I'm running bare wire to a pair of Polk Audio T15 bookshelf speakers. I've got vinyl flooring and where it's a trip hazard the wire is covered with a rug. None the less, there is exposed wire along the wall on the floor and it bothers me. Ideally I'd like a solution were I can have wireless self powered speakers that only need to be connected to a 120v wall socket. I'd be using a Yamaha RX-V659 as a preamplifier.

It appears that Sonos offers or offered a device called the "Connect" that you can use in conjunction with their suite of wireless speakers. Is there a comparable product line offered by a competitor?

Another option I was briefly considering was a Rocketfish wireless transmitter/amplifier. I have one sitting in my shop, but I would still have wires running across to walking paths that'd I'd need to cover with a rug or wire track. I'd prefer not to go this way honestly, and at present there's only one walking path that a wire crosses running wire all the way from the receiver.

Please let me know if any clarification is needed.

Top Bottom