• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wireless Links in HT

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

I need a wireless solution for the surround channels in my HT. Too many wires to run at the back of the room. Anyone here has used wireless links? What are your experiences with those?

TIA

Neddy

Addicted to Fun and Learning

graz_lag

Major Contributor
Hi

I need a wireless solution for the surround channels in my HT. Too many wires to run at the back of the room. Anyone here has used wireless links? What are your experiences with those?

TIA

Hi :

I am using the kit from Amphony, the 800 series, for my Zone-2, which is at ~15 meters from the main zone.
The latency of these Amphonys, which is probably the most important factor you want to compare for these kits especially for application on the rear / side surround channels, is OK, not annoying to me on my Zone-2.
My kit does not affect my 2.4 GHz WLAN either, so I feel I can recommend it to you.

Amphony is the only brand I have experience with, alternatively some cheaper kits ate available from Rocketfish, as indicated by @MZKM.

http://www.amphony.com/products/t800.htm

Rgds, Graz

Neddy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Ah...update on the Blue Aura's I'd been using for one of my side surrounds.
Turns out the (2.4Ghz) wireless signal from it interferes with Logitech (dongle and BT) keyboards and trackball and the NUC I7, so I had to remove it.
Which makes me wonder about the other 2.4Ghz wireless adapters mentioned here.
Still waiting (well, have given up, really) on WISA.
Fortunately, wires are only a problem for on location, so can deal with it.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Top Bottom