• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wireless Connection to subwoofer

napfkuchen

I'm planning to get an additional subwoofer for my home surround-setup. Currently there is one SVS SB 1000 connected to a Denon X3800H. The room is about 8 x 4 m in total. So there might be one subwoofer on either side of the room, see blue colored areas in the second picture:

room1.jpg

room2.jpg

I don't need more bass output but my hope is that bass distribution will improve ...
A wired signal connection from the AVR located under the tv to the other side of the room is not an option. Will a wireless option be a sufficient solution? My item of choice would be the REL Wireless Subwoofer Transmitter. Do modern AVR automatically adapt to the induced latency?

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm planning to get an additional subwoofer for my home surround-setup. Currently there is one SVS SB 1000 connected to a Denon X3800H. The room is about 8 x 4 m in total. So there might be one subwoofer on either side of the room

I want to do the same, without having 12m of RCA cable in the room.

As latency is an issue, i was thinking i buy an old pair of wireless FM headphones:
1688833310310.png

I think i should be able to get a usable line in signal out of the headphone part. Zero latency and almost free. Not sure how well it performs however ;-)

Top Bottom