• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Winter Olympics 2018: Will Pyeongchang be too cold for a Winter Games?

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Number of Athletes by Country

I liked the Olympics better when the athletes were still (theoretically) required to be amateurs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_sports#Olympics

Tonga. The guy knew nothing about cross country skiing. Now he's competing in a sport when not long ago he never wore skis and was falling like a two-year old. There are some videos on his first attempts and his training.
It's not a miracle, it's pure will of the spirit, an accomplishment.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Are people here watching the olympics? Personally they are my favorite thing to watch in terms of sports. I always try to watch the whole thing via online streams. Watching 95% of all the events.

I spent a few hours last night watching a couple events while wearing my Aeons and using my DX7 + o2. The audio setup works nicely for watching live programming aswell.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Are people here watching the olympics? Personally they are my favorite thing to watch in terms of sports. I always try to watch the whole thing via online streams. Watching 95% of all the events.

I spent a few hours last night watching a couple events while wearing my Aeons and using my DX7 + o2. The audio setup works nicely for watching live programming aswell.

Of course, me and Mom are watching the Olympic Games.
I try to keep track of all the important stuff.
Free style skating coming up.

The Olympics is a good break, it brings peace and harmony in the world...something we can all make great use of. Even the music sounds best when feeling peace.

If you find any good video online on some competition you like, please feel completely free to share with us all. And the same with me; when compelled with aspiration I'll share the best I see.

These are the best times of our life.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I am sure some of you have heard of the "wardrobe malfunction" that occured for the south korean team:

She didn't want to lose points for stopping and fixing her top so apparently she improvised during the rest of it.

They have such silly rules. If someone's cloth has problems they should be able to fix it and do it again.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Mission accomplished! Canada’s first gold: Virtue, Moir reinforce top spot in team figure skating

https://globalnews.ca/news/4019627/canada-gold-figure-skating-team-pyeongchang-2018/

2018-02-11t082039z_2007740837_devee2b0n6eve_rtrmadp_3_olympics-2018-figs-team-q.jpg

18520505.jpg

Bonus:

2018-02-12t030513z_471588461_devee2c08koc2_rtrmadp_3_olympics-2018-figs-team.jpg

2018-02-12t014932z_629572671_devee2c052j40_rtrmadp_3_olympics-2018-figs-team.jpg

Me I love the Olympics, the theme is PEACE.

You guys love the Olympics too, I know you do. You also love scientific audio, me too, I do.
What else is new...that Roadster orbiting in space heading towards the Asteroid Belt...of course...when was the last time you saw a car floating in space with a mannequin aboard who forgot to turn the radio on?

I tell you what; we're living the most exciting times ever in our life. Things are happening @ the speed of sound, and way beyond.
___
____

Extra:

Bitcoin is getting hacked and wacked all over the world...infested by malware.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2018/02/11/government-websites-secretly-mining-cryptocurrency/

Express:

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/c...-latest-update-BTC-USD-Coinbase-market-invest
___

I just love the news of the Olympic Games; it eclipses almost totally everything else. ...Except for that Roadster.
Even the president is Tweeting less, I bet he's mind blown off. I would ...

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
I like ski jumping, the guys and girls flying up in the air like Supermen and Superwomen. ...I also like 'Birdman'...the movie with Michael Keaton...Batman. ...And Catwoman, Michelle Pfeiffer, in the movie 'Batman Returns'. The Olympic athletes are like super heroes. The only difference is that they are real, not taken from comic books.

ski-jumping-8.jpg

11-olympics-0212.jpg

____

DVzQIegUMAAO7rw.jpg

• Medal Standings: https://www.olympic.org/pyeongchang-2018/results/en/general/medal-standings.htm

Last edited:
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Last edited:
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
The Winter Olympic Games in South Korea 2018 bring all type of emotions and thoughts in each person. I like this one:
https://www.thestar.com/sports/olym...-of-human-possibility-abound-at-olympics.html

I also like the 17-year old who woke up late and went up to win gold on moguls. Did you read that story, saw the interviews, ...it is as genuine as it can be...just like all of us @ that age...splendid, just pure awesomeness.

In luge the US woman athlete was lucky to not have injured herself...scary moment, very.

I did not say anything about the opening ceremony when the US vice president and his wife remained seated while everyone else stood up and cheered for the unification and pacification between the North Korea and South Korea parading under the same flag. I did not mention the chocolate cake and barb wires melting under the hot chocolate sauce. Did you read about it, are you aware of some of if, of the vice president leaving after only five minutes?

This is all part of the Olympic's spirit, PEACE.
And what is the president have to say on Twitter? ...About peace @ the Olympics?

According to some we live in tumultuous times of uncertainty and fear and deception and high troubles for a world of high tensions as we haven't feel since some time. The Olympics is a time to break the ice, to shine and free the world. ...To let all countries compete under a common roof and goal...peace.
It is the theme of these Olympics from all the world teams.

Our young athletes from the world all across are the inspiration to all our world leaders. They deserve all our best, our cheers, our appreciation, our participation, our heart, our spirit, our working all together in all life's disciplines, for world peace.

I love curling, I love snow countries, I love snow, I love skating, I love cross country skiing, I love toboggan, luge, I love ski jumping in the sky, I love ski slalom, I love artistic skate dancing, I love bumps, ski bumps, I love snowboarding, I love it all, I love the Winter Olympic Games, I love what it brings positive in the health of our children.

I am not alone, Mom is with me 100%, my grandma's, granddaddies, my sister's, my uncle's, my daddy, my best friends, my wife, my children, my grandchildren, ... few more billions on my planet.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Top Bottom