• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Winter Olympics 2018: Will Pyeongchang be too cold for a Winter Games?

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
http://www.bbc.com/sport/winter-olympics/42885124

CAE62D77-977F-4C08-8AFF-702B053BEB7F_cx0_cy10_cw0_w1200_r1_s.jpg

15168747156815.jpg

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Yes, like Ray said, one character too many. ...An accidental glitch from my part.
Apologies, fixed now, bunch a thanks to you both for catching it on time.

The Games are starting pretty soon now, the opening ceremony*.
This is is exciting, very, and on many levels, but primarily the good Olympian spirit no matter how cold, no matter how hot, no matter the differences.

I wish everyone the best, and the best outcome, a win for everyone.

* Edit: Some competitions are already underway, even before the opening ceremony.

Last edited:

Wombat

Master Contributor
Interesting info about cold weather(we are experiencing an extended heat/humidity-wave).

Add to that the political chill that is escalating and the outcome will be worth our attention.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor

Speedskater

Major Contributor
The downhill skiing training runs have had some interesting weather. All blowing down from Siberia. One day it was sunny with sub-zero F temperatures. The next day above freezing temperatures with high winds, they had to delay and shorten the training run.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Keep us informed on what is good and great there as the games begin Bob!

I'll do my best in reporting everything that is worth reporting, with video clips, links, pictures, ...Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 2016 Summer Olympics style.

* Speaking of the weather; yesterday right here on the island it was nice and warm and sunny ...it went up to 28 degree Celsius on my veranda. Of course the flowers are blooming, the buds were out after Christmas.
And today it's nice too but with more clouds and the temperature is now 10 degree Celsius, so much cooler than yesterday.

Alright now, on with the games and everything else attached to them.
Good luck to all, may the best win, and clean.

Last edited:
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Last edited:
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
I just noticed that right now Amir. Only two of them on my end; they sure were playing yesterday, but not today. This is normal, it's part of a flaw system we live with, YouTube on the internet. You guys I'm sure understand the business side of entertainment and news that matter, like the Olympics and classified files.

I'm not worry about that, I've seen music threads with thousands of music videos missing. Those don't last forever, they disappear and reappear somewhere else. I'm not taking the time to recoup them, life is way too short to stress out over the control of YouTube videos on the Olympix.

I live in a free country, no dictator, no regime, no brainwashing, no Gestapo, ...just sun, love, peace, equality, generosity, sharing free information on the spirit of humanity, for the benefit of our future generations, detached of financial greed and corruption. ...My way of saying, in the free moment.

Don't despair, there is much more to come that will eclipse the small glitches of controlled entities like those two removed YouTube videos on the 2018 Winter Olympic Games in South Korea.

Meanwhile feel free anyone to share what you saw and like and dislike and what made an impact on you regarding these Games.
___

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
One of the videos removed was containing what Ray just posted.
That's one aspect of the things I was referring to. It lasted only few seconds on a video mainly concentrating on the games, a shorter video, perhaps only three minutes or so. So just for two seconds of showing two impersonators they simply removed the full video, instead of editing it.
But as demostrated by Ray just above, there are thousands more around.

The two videos they took down were good videos on the games, from the spectator's view.

Much better stuff to come ...

One very positive thing in those games is the reunion of South Korea with North Korea.
There is stuff here we aren't used to see, and that's good stuff. It goes with the Olympic spirit; reuniting all countries under one peaceful roof of fair and clean competition.
It is in that spirit that we shall live on Earth, no matter if we win or not...winning is in participating all together. Nobody wins without others, we all win together.

To be a top athlete is to be free inside. Just look @ that guy wearing no shirt, just oil on his upper body. Explore his story, it is highly inspiring.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pita_Taufatofua

He's competing in a cross country ski sport (15km) where there is only beautiful white sand on his island, he didn't have any experience, ...it is simply mind blowing that with training in a short time he is where he is.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Top Bottom