• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wine thread - what are you enjoying?

In Sicily we are fortunate to have very different soil and climate conditions, from one area to another.
From Trapani to Pantelleria, passing through the province of Messina and then Etna, which in my opinion is the most particular area where the most elegant wines are produced.
Those from the Trapani and Agrigento area are the most pulpy, dense and, I would say, fleshy, almost with a consistency similar to a jam, good for just one glass, two are already too many. But here too there are companies that stand out like https://www.feudomontoni.it/vini/it/.

1000006350.jpg

Morra Gabriele Langhe Nebbiolo 2021 in Amsterdam. Will be there till the 15th if any ASRer would like to hang.

Pineapple syrup, condensed milk, leeks, savoury-sweet toasted coconut, wisp of dryness, clean finish.

An excellent cabernet from Napa and then a pomerol from France. Nice!

IMG_7193.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7192.jpeg
    IMG_7192.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: SIY
View attachment 380573

Morra Gabriele Langhe Nebbiolo 2021 in Amsterdam. Will be there till the 15th if any ASRer would like to hang.

Pineapple syrup, condensed milk, leeks, savoury-sweet toasted coconut, wisp of dryness, clean finish.
If I just had the time…

Paso Robles, not Napa. That’s several hundred miles. :D
Ooops. I mixed it up with another one. Good anyway. ;) The pomerol a notch better.

Last edited:
Opened this last night to enjoy with grilled rack of lamb. Finishing off the bottle tonight with freshly baked baguettes and a charcuterie board. Smooth as velvet and complex. Sadly it's my last one.
IMG_20240713_170131.jpg

I'm living in Spain where almost every +5 eur wine at the supermarket is a very good one.

@Ilkless No heresy. A wine you like with a food you like is a match in my book.

Back
Top Bottom