• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Windows Setting Changes Frequency Response

D

Deleted member 46664

Hmmm, so nothing going on through the grapevine, then. I wonder if there are other Windows users on here, who have both Realtek (preferably) and maybe Equaliser APO, who might be willing to confirm my measurements
Enable Audio Effects can turn on a number of effects, not just the APO.
Go to your control panel->sound->speakers->properties->effects and uncheck everything.
Note that some may be scrolled off the bottom of the window.
Do a reboot and try it again.

Capture3.PNG

j_j

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
Bass management, room correction, and loudness EQ are all "real things" if you need them in a not-that-great setup. Virtual surround, well, it does something. If I was allowed to say, I could tell you the entire algorithm for all 4, with great precision. :)

Room correction, which sometimes requiring stopping and starting audioserv thanks to never-fixed permission issues, can help quite a bit if your two speakers (assuming speakers) are different distances from your listening position.

None of the bunch shown should be on by default.

OP
Presently42

Presently42

Enable Audio Effects can turn on a number of effects, not just the APO.
Indeed, all of that is off. However, these options are only on the hdmi enabled output, which I can't use until the new avr comes in. I will certainly be testing everything when it does, and report my findings.

D

Deleted member 46664

Indeed, all of that is off. However, these options are only on the hdmi enabled output, which I can't use until the new avr comes in. I will certainly be testing everything when it does, and report my findings.

You should have a similar panel for your HDMI audio but it might be hidden if the port is not in use.
On your main Control Panel Sound applet ... right click in the open are of the device list... check "Show Disconnected Devices" and see if that reveals anything.

After that I'm out of guesses :(

Top Bottom