• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Windows Foobar2000 to Linux Playback Software Advice

levimax

Major Contributor
Hello, my Windows based music system motherboard just died and since I had to get a new MB I also jumped ahead a couple of generations on CPU. This change is forcing me to decide if I want to pay the "Windows tax" or go with Linux. While I don't particularly like Windows I am a very happy user of Foobar2000 and several key plugins. The convolution plugin (I use convolution for speaker/ room EQ as well as RIAA EQ). The "Resampler-V" plug in is used to convert all my different sources to the same bit depth and sample rate so my convolution filters work with all sources. Finally I use the "recorder" plug in to add DSP to my TT (through an ADC) and Qobuz playback. Is there a player that does all this or a player and additional programs that can do it all in Linux? I have compiled Linux from source in the past so not expecting plug and play although I wouldn't mind. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Isn't the Mac versions work on Linux?
Foober has a Mac and Android version too.

Top Bottom