• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Windows 11 and AptxHD

NoxMorbis

This is a multipart question, something that has been bothering me for years now.

I've been agonizing over this for a couple of years and still no solution or explanation all over the web. How can you get Win 11 to use aptX HD? I have the Intel WiFi/BT combination wireless M2 card, and it will do aptX. Of course my sink is aptX everything. However, as reported by BluetoothTweaker, Windows is choosing aptX.

What is the best way to get aptX HD as source on a Win 11 machine?

OP
N

NoxMorbis

I guess the answer is: Wait for Microsoft

Good thread find, thanks. It looks like all Intel BT cards support aptX HD. Finally, some information. Hurry up MS, it's been far too long. Stop putting so much into your ****** app store, where all programs look like Phone Apps, and make something useful.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

staticV3

Master Contributor
Can this be of help to you:

From their FAQ:
Screenshot_20230324-134158_Chrome.png

staticV3

Master Contributor
@NoxMorbis you can add aptX adaptive support to your PC using the Sennheiser BTD 600. According to Qualcomm, aptX adaptive is backward compatible with aptX HD devices.

OP
N

NoxMorbis

@NoxMorbis you can add aptX adaptive support to your PC using the Sennheiser BTD 600. According to Qualcomm, aptX adaptive is backward compatible with aptX HD devices.
Thanks. Currently, I don't need aptxLL on my computer. Actually, plain old aptX does a good job at nearly CD quality. That's probably why MS has implemented it already, which I confirmed using software. But, aptX HD just gives that extra headroom, that almost non of us will hear at noprmal listening levels, but if you can use it, why not?

OP
N

NoxMorbis

Oh, shame and thanks for this.

Maybe another way of solving this problem might be to approach it from the other direction. With Some bluetooth devices like BTR5 and Qudelix 5k you can force the codec to be used. Would that work for you OP?
I was waiting for someone to bring this up. Sure, and I ahve two of those types of transmitters, but then the 3.5mm out on the sound card defaults to my music speakers, and not my computer speakers (which are connected to my MB's sound card using the 3.5mm output, which I use for listening to news, etc, while music plays in the background. Two sound cards would solve that problem, but I trust you can see that at that point, things start getting messy.

bananacry

i dont know if this is still relevant to you guys but aptX and aptX HD are now supported on Alternative A2DP Driver (I dont know since when)

Top Bottom