• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Windows 10 sample rate app?

sterkoff

Does anyone know of or use an application that would run a little window on the taskbar in Windows that would tell you what the current sample rate is for your audio device? I have a second desktop with a Khadas Tone Board (as an example) and it would be nice to verify with a quick glance that the ASIO function is working correctly for supported programs. Not a big deal in the grand scope, I know, but seems like it would be simple enough just to have a small 44.1 or 48 or whatever next to my lower right clock on the taskbar.

Last edited:

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
This would be nice to have, but I don't actually think you can query a sound device in the way that would be necessary for this to work. You can presumably access shared mode settings but those are generally a one-way-street and would not be updated during exclusive / ASIO access.

Those with more experience in low-level sound device access in Windows may feel free to prove me wrong.

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does anyone know of or use an application that would run a little window on the taskbar in Windows that would tell you what the current sample rate is for your audio device? I have a second desktop with a Khadas Tone Board (as an example) and it would be nice to verify with a quick glance that the ASIO function is working correctly for supported programs. Not a big deal in the grand scope, I know, but seems like it would be simple enough just to have a small 44.1 or 48 or whatever next to my lower left clock on the taskbar.

ASIO Bridge is your answer though it doesn't have the system tray icon that shows the current sample rate. At least you know whatever sample rate is being sent to your KTB at all times

OP
S

sterkoff

I know that with the Topping Device Control Panel and the Khadas Audio Dashboard you can click on their respective icons in the taskbar and a window will pop up with the current sample rate status which is dynamically updated when using ASIO drivers in Foobar for example, so the information is just one click away. I just hoped maybe someone smarter than me might have been able to take the next logical step.

Bullwinkle J Moose

I can have my SMSL M100 DAC display whatever sample rate file I am currently playing on the LCD display

A 176Khz audio file automagically plays at 176Khz and a 192Khz file automagically switches the DAC to 192Khz without touching anything in Windows

Oh, and I can even do this on an ancient Nehalem PC running Windows XP even though the M100 DAC does not have USB drivers for Windows XP and the motherboard does not have an optical port

It's easy...

I just plug a micca origen G2 DAC to the USB port and the optical output switches automagically to the sample rate of the file being played, then plug the m100 into the micca's optical port

That's what I love about the micca origen (definitely not it's sound quality)
LoL

The ability to automatically change the DAC's sample rate with each file being played while adding an optical port to any PC can come in handy

Too bad the micca is not a driverless DAC though
I REEEEEEALLY like those!

Last edited:
Top Bottom