• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Windows 10 Pro or Home for my https://www.quietpc.com/sys-ultranuc-pro-7-fanless Computer?Streamer?

OP
L

laurelkurt

Forum Donor
Pro. But why wouldn't u try Linux? It will do everything for u, plus won't spy.
I'm mentally challenged in the computer department. I'm not concerned about being spied on. I'm an insignificant nothing. I've only ever used Windows. Thanks. That's 2 for pro so far.

Neddy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
For music/HT only?
Why bother with the extra (minor) cost and complexity of Pro?
More details to educate yourself about, and it's not like you'll need to manage group policies with it, etc, unless you are a network admin or security manager.
I'm about to buy (nice cases, btw) and am 95% leaning towards Home.
That said, if any of the features are of need for you, why not?
https://www.coolblue.nl/en/advice/windows-10-home-vs-windows-10-pro.html

OP
L

laurelkurt

Forum Donor
Pro if you want remote management; Home doesn't have it.

Otherwise, you have to use a third-party solution, e.g. VNC.
Remote management like with a tablet or even another laptop via wi-fi or bluetooth? If so, the laptop option would be desirable.

Dimitri

WIth pro you don't have to worry about "what's included".
If you go with Home for less RAM, and less dollars, you could use google remote desktop. handy especially if you already have a google/gmail account.
Either way, plan on at least 8GB or RAM 16GB to be on the safe side.

Ratatoskr

Win 10 Pro. You may not think you will ever need to use the group policy editor but if you ever do you can access it in Pro but not home. Makes sense to go with Pro, why buy a crippled OS?

windsorperma

The standard version of Windows 10 is actually Windows 10 Home edition, and it's aimed at home users. Windows 10 Pro is just like like an extension to Home in terms of size, features and price. Both can work across desktops , laptops, and tablets, and both of them come with Cortana- the virtual assistant, Edge Browser, Touch Compatibilty with options to switch to tablet layout (Continuum), Virtual Desktop and support for Windows Store apps. Here are the features that are only available in the Pro version: Domain Join, Group Policy Management, Bitlocker, Enterprise Mode Internet Explorer (EMIE), Assigned Access 8.1, Remote Desktop, Client Hyper-V, and Direct Access.

Top Bottom