• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Windows 10 as DNLP streaming service - all albums are Unknown

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi Windows gurus,
This is an embarrassingly newbie question. My NAS is in storage and I just want to stream some music to my WiiM Streamer from my Windows 10 Laptop over Wi-Fi.
The Windows media streaming service is running. My streamer can see it. Two albums that I bought from Quobuz show up fine.
I've rebuilt the Windows Media Player database, and all the albums show up there just fine with the album and artist name.
On my WiiM streamer, all the rest of the music on this laptop (only 50 albums or so) are Unknown (unknown artist, unknown album). I can see all the tracks and I can see the Folder view and brows albums that was (with cover art)
The music files are in two folders on the laptop, both added to the Music Library. Only one of those folders and it's sub-folders is causing me this problem. It's on an SD card in the laptop but that shouldn't make a difference (should it?)

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

OP
JeremyFife

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Doh ... reformatted the SD Card as NTFS (after backing up the music) and problem sorted. Done.

Top Bottom