• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

win10/11 with a handheld remote control

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
components:
  • pc, running win11 (or 10, if needed)
  • BT oem (Ruwido) remote control from my STB
pairing the remote to the pc via BT is no problem, it shows up in devices, without any errors

question:
  • can it be used system-wide (for at least play/pause, next/last song, ffd/fbd, mute....)?

atm, the only key on the remote that works system wide is the "voice command" button, which...damnit...opens a new instance of Firefox :facepalm:
some keys work (in no logic tothe key markers themselves, tho) in some random apps

i tried almost any key remapping software there is but tbh i couldn't find anything that would read out the keys pressed in the first place

any ideas on what app would be needed to translate/remap commands sent from the remote for preferably systemwide (not app specific) use?

PS
the remote itself:
edb28e9b6f6f5a194c2e-neo-daljinec.jpeg

PPS
i'm already bald enough, this made me pull out way more hair than i wanted so far in the last few days....

Slayer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
components:
  • pc, running win11 (or 10, if needed)
question:
can it be used system-wide (for at least play/pause, next/last song, ffd/fbd, mute....)?
While i can't be any hep with the remote you are using. When not using my wireless keyboard, this is what i use, has worked on all computers over the past Ten years or so. It's real handy.
51EADGWWmLL._AC_.jpg

OP
bloodshoteyed

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
i know those mostly HP branded media controllers, they only worked decently on MS's Media center itself (and other media hubs, but with sometimes extensive sw mods)
if that was a possible solution for me, i'd be on it already, especially since the pc has an IR receiver built in on the front panel...but i like to keep it placed away

Top Bottom