• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wilson Audio TuneTot Review (high-end bookshelf speaker)

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 321 58.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 172 31.2%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 37 6.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 21 3.8%

• Total voters

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Many of the pre management-change Sonus Fabers were actually very good speakers for the period they were sold in (I made the mistake of form over function too until I looked inside one or two and actually spent time listening to them, upon which a few models won my heart). Not sure about the smaller modern models, as they seem to have gone awry and become hf sparklers as some other models catering 'for the more mature male? listener with old-man's hearing ' now also do.
I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with their sound, just that they put extra effort into the appearance as a way of distinguishing themselves from a dozen other brands.

kokakolia

I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with their sound, just that they put extra effort into the appearance as a way of distinguishing themselves from a dozen other brands.
Every brand does that except for Dynaudio which makes their speakers look uglier by design. They love to have 20 exposed screws on the front for example.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Every brand does that except for Dynaudio which makes their speakers look uglier by design. They love to have 20 exposed screws on the front for example.
Dynaudio, like Dali, seem to share designer with Ikea. They are not ugly, they´re super functionalist.

FeddyLost

Addicted to Fun and Learning
they´re super functionalist
Plain and simple as grandfathers did, I'd say.
Super functionalist are The ones with zero diffraction enclosure, for example.
Dynaudio also use directivity control in newer models, but much more expensive.

I kind of like the screws, hahaha, maybe because I used to build my own speakers…..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 31
Top Bottom