• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Willie Dixon argueably the best blues song writer there was

3dbinCanada

Im listening to the Chess Masters for Willie Dixon. He is by far my favourite blues song writer whose songs took Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf, Sonnyboy Williamson and many others to new heights. Without his music, I wonder if Led Zeppelin would have made it as big as they became. His impact on the blues although so profound was so very understated.

Hemi-Demon

All I can say is, that I 100% agree. I did not know that he was a major song sontributor to Led Zeppelin. Or did they just remake a bunch of his songs, along the lines of how The Stones and Elvis remade quite a few old blues songs?

OP

3dbinCanada

All I can say is, that I 100% agree. I did not know that he was a major song sontributor to Led Zeppelin. Or did they just remake a bunch of his songs, along the lines of how The Stones and Elvis remade quite a few old blues songs?
Led Zep did remake them but Wille is undeniably there.