• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Will you stop using Spotify now? Vote

Will you stop using Spotify?

• Yes

Votes: 143 34.5%
  • No

Votes: 226 54.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 35 8.4%
  • On the contrary, I'll start using Spotify now!

Votes: 11 2.7%

• Total voters

Slayer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't and I don't listen to either NY, JM, or JR. I think people are missing the bigger issue:

Say Spotify has a podcaster that is big into flat-earth/moon landing fakery. Why not deplatform your music over that? It's just as much misinformation right?

The issue is that a massive block of the un/under educated will believe almost anything. Just keep up with the inclusive message for this group of people. It's better than alienating them by trying to make JR a martyr.
Agreed, sometimes it's easy for people to miss the bigger picture. Music doesn't need politics dragged into it. Politics do nothing but divide people. When music has always been a way to bring people together, we don't need politics screwing that up.

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Shit these wax on wax of or whatever it is, when will Spotify come with lossless?!

Edit:
Would I hear any difference? Probably not but all other major suppliers have lossless. Then damn it, Spotify should have it too! Especially when they say they will deliver it...in 2021.

Last edited:

Slayer

Shit these wax on wax of or whatever it is, when will Spotify come with lossless?!

Edit:
Would I hear any difference? Probably not but all other major suppliers have lossless. Then damn it, Spotify should have it too! Especially when they say they will deliver it...in 2021.
Good one.
I think at this point, most have given up on if it will happen. Majority of folks will stay or leave based on an economical factor and what platform suits their needs the best. Whether or not you would hear a difference is debatable. But in this day and age, it would be nice to have at the least cd quality audio. If they want to keep with other platforms, one would think they would eventually have to do it. When, is the bigger question.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
No problem, you and anyone else have every right to disagree. Young/Mitchell have every right to walk away. Spotify has every right to keep Rogan. That's the great thing about freedom of choice. I just think to threaten and give ultimatums is childish behavior, but it is their right do so.

However, can you imagine if everyone started threatening to walk off (or just plain walking off) their jobs because they disagreed with a new employee their boss hired. Can you imagine if members here, started to threaten to leave the forum because they disagreed with some other members views. Just seems to me, people are jumping to extremes these days to push their view and suppress others' views while doing so.

Just because you disagreed with one of my posts, doesn't mean i would hold any i'll will against you or look at your post differently. We are all good in my book my friend.
They are not leaving because of a disagreement. :facepalm:

jensgk

Forum Donor
However, can you imagine if everyone started threatening to walk off (or just plain walking off) their jobs because they disagreed with a new employee their boss hired. Can you imagine if members here, started to threaten to leave the forum because they disagreed with some other members views. Just seems to me, people are jumping to extremes these days to push their view and suppress others' views while doing so.
That would be great. In general consumers and employees are much to gentle with businesses.
It would also increase competition and maybe also reduce the number of de facto monopolies.

DavidEdwinAston

Forum Donor
Sadly Slayer
The great big internet is allowing you and I to be on different sides on this matter. Luckily, these forums do allow us to go to bed, unreconciled, but accepting.

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They are not leaving because of a disagreement. :facepalm:
We know it's not over a disagreement. And they didn't leave. It was an ultimatum.

If you want to leave then simply leave and state why your leaving. Don't turn it into a hostage situation. I have an issue with wanting to shut up stupid fuckers that other stupid fuckers are going to listen to regardless.

It's a slippery slope. We are much better off combating misinformation with information.

Dr. Malone seems like an individual that feels slighted. But even his detractors have said he's Nobel nominee level smart. So if he's smart and he's said some false stuff then I leave the community that he works in to counter message him.

I can think for myself. I don't need a bunch of rockers determining my inputs.

DavidEdwinAston

Forum Donor
Certainly, I am for consumer choice. Which is why it will be Qobuz for me, (probably), very shortly.
Okay, possibly we are off thread topic, but, might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb, so how did you do with Wordle today?

Slayer

Certainly, I am for consumer choice. Which is why it will be Qobuz for me, (probably), very shortly.
Okay, possibly we are off thread topic, but, might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb, so how did you do with Wordle today?
Maybe slightly off topic, but just barely :) Nothing wrong with Qobuz or Spotify for that matter. I stick with Amazon because being a prime member it's cheaper and just as good. UI has gotten much better.
Personally, not into Wordle. I'm addicted to Sudoku.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Nils Lofgren, the Peter Dinklage of mediocre rockers, has also joined the Spotify exit.

I wonder how many other C-listers will use this as a publicity boost?

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
(Sorry if this has been posted before, but I thought it was pretty funny, and probably true...)

Under 30: Who are Neil and Joni?

30-60: Wow! What a surprise. I thought Neil and Joni were dead!

Over 60: What's Spotify?

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's motivated by fear. Fear of being controlled by others, fear of not having power over the complex nature of phenomena and feeling overwhelmed by them. By creating an alternative, simpler narrative, people artificially create a feeling of control, which makes them feel empowered and in control over their own lives and choices.
It's an innate human fallacy and response to not having control. Fear is a basic emotion that is manipulated for eons as a form of control over the invariable nature.

BN1

Nils Lofgren, the Peter Dinklage of mediocre rockers, has also joined the Spotify exit.

I wonder how many other C-listers will use this as a publicity boost?
Yup, and none of them are on any of my playlists.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Please keep the 'Vax' stuff out of this thread, and all other threads.

This has been brought up repeatedly, and there are still those who feel they need to bring it into any thread they can.

I'm done with the general warnings. Continuing to ignore these admonitions will lead to Forum Bans.

This is not the place.

A bunch of posts deleted.

If this thread can't stay away from the topic, it will be closed.

jensgk

Forum Donor
Please keep the 'Vax' stuff out of this thread, and all other threads.

This has been brought up repeatedly, and there are still those who feel they need to bring it into any thread they can.

I'm done with the general warnings. Continuing to ignore these admonitions will lead to Forum Bans.

This is not the place.

A bunch of posts deleted.

If this thread can't stay away from the topic, it will be closed.

It is a real shame that a forum with the name "science" in its name is taking the that stance, and removes posts that are completely scientifically correct, just because a scientific fact has been made into politics by some well-know figure in one of the larger countries in the world.

What next? We remove posts about listening to cables, because it upsets some people?

Last edited:

ahofer

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It is a real shame that a forum with the name "science" in its name is taking the that stance, and removes posts that are completely scientifically correct, just because a scientific fact has been made into politics by som well-know figure in one of the larger countries in the world.

What next? We remove posts about listening to cables, because it upsets some people?
Speaking as someone with a removed post, I must acknowledge that it is “Audio Science”, not medical/epidemiological science. And the posts were mostly about policies relating to medicine/epidemiology/public health. (Or celebrity interpretation thereof).

jensgk

Forum Donor
Speaking as someone with a removed post, I must acknowledge that it is “Audio Science”, not medical/epidemiological science. And the posts were mostly about policies relating to medicine/epidemiology/public health. (Or celebrity interpretation thereof).
Lots of other scientific fields are discussed on this forum. By removing those posts, it amplifies the notion that the said subject is just "politics" and not science. It adds to the controversy in a bad way.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
It is a real shame that a forum with the name "science" in its name is taking the that stance

We try to limit the particularly controversial subjects to audio science.

And pineapple pizza.

Only if people start bringing Covid into it.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Lots of other scientific fields are discussed on this forum. By removing those posts, it amplifies the notion that the said subject is just "politics" and not science. It adds to the controversy in a bad way.

I understand your perspective, but this isn't a subject we are going to explore here.

litemotiv

Ok hopefully this is ontopic enough for the thread, Spotify has currently lost around $4bn in market value after the developments of the last few weeks:

It will be interesting to see how Spotify will try to regain user and investor trust in the coming weeks/months. It's not unthinkable they will try to speed up the introduction of some new stuff (lossless after all?) to move past it and bring things in a more positive light.

Top Bottom