• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Will you stop using Spotify now? Vote

Will you stop using Spotify?

• Yes

Votes: 143 34.5%
  • No

Votes: 226 54.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 35 8.4%
  • On the contrary, I'll start using Spotify now!

Votes: 11 2.7%

• Total voters

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think Joe Rogan spouts uneducated nonsense on topics he knows little about, but hey - it's my choice which Podcasts I listen to (I recommend "Philosophize this!" also on Spotify) and which ones I ignore, and I think everybody should have the right to embarrass themselves in public (Joe Rogan certainly gets paid well for looking like a fool and then writhe in his own slime begging forgiveness :-D). I endure him enough listening to his incompetent commentating in UFC events to even consider his Podcast... but that's my choice. Clearly many people like Rogan's stuff, and that's all there is to this ultimately - the power of the dollar. I don't get into the "free speech" vs "hate speech" stuff because it will not make any difference... :)

I will NOT consider quitting Spotify over this. They are a business and cater to different customers' tastes. The day they offer an audio version of "Mein Kampf" or so - that's when I'd take a stand.

Last edited:

DavidEdwinAston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
And also pab, if you already own everything ever recorded by Young and Mitchell, that won't be a problem for you! :cool:

DavidEdwinAston

Forum Donor
Does anybody know if Apple music would work through a Sonos system? If they are the only platform with the first Neil Young LP on, I should give them a trial?

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Does anybody know if Apple music would work through a Sonos system? If they are the only platform with the first Neil Young LP on, I should give them a trial?
Works either though Sonos app or AirPlay.

If anyone asks, I deny having any Sonos products ;)

Jmudrick

Forum Donor
Hirez version on Qobuz

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220213-125034.png
    Screenshot_20220213-125034.png
    581.4 KB · Views: 43

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It works, but not all the Sonos products have AirPlay. In that case you have to use the AppleMusic within Sonos which I think is pretty crappy. That's a shame because my wife and kids are on Apple Music family plan so it is free to add me. But I can't get myself to use it and would rather continue paying for Qobuz or Deezer. I keep hoping the Apple app within Sonos will improve, but I doubt either Sonos or Apple care about it since the newer products have airplay.

DavidEdwinAston

Forum Donor
Thanks all!
Jmud, at the mo' I'm playing Dion, Sanctuary on Qobuz. I must have a look for your hirez on Qobuz, which is the one platform I have actually paid money for, since cancelling paid for Spotify!

Jmudrick

Forum Donor
Thanks all!
Jmud, at the mo' I'm playing Dion, Sanctuary on Qobuz. I must have a look for your hirez on Qobuz, which is the one platform I have actually paid money for, since cancelling paid for Spotify!

That's a fine album, have it on vinyl. Dion rules .

DavidEdwinAston

Forum Donor
I had to dig out my copy, to remind myself of the title!
We must be of an age! :(:cool::)

Zensō

Major Contributor
It works, but not all the Sonos products have AirPlay. In that case you have to use the AppleMusic within Sonos which I think is pretty crappy. That's a shame because my wife and kids are on Apple Music family plan so it is free to add me. But I can't get myself to use it and would rather continue paying for Qobuz or Deezer. I keep hoping the Apple app within Sonos will improve, but I doubt either Sonos or Apple care about it since the newer products have airplay.
You can group an older non-Airplay Sonos product with a newer S2 product and it will play via Airplay:

“You can also group any other Sonos speaker with an AirPlay 2 compatible Sonos speaker for multi-room playback. If you’d like your non-AirPlay compatible products to stay grouped together with other products when you start playing AirPlay audio, go to the Settings tab in the Sonos app for iOS or Android, tap System > AirPlay, then enable Group Non-AirPlay Products.”

Last edited:

DavidEdwinAston

Forum Donor
As good as Apple music may be, thanks to Jmud, Qobuz will certainly be enough for me! And at twenty quid a month, enough money spent on streamed music. :cool:

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
More than anything this probably explains why lossless music is a low priority for Spotify.

Wonderful, as if you are hoping for your local restaurant which is good in every way (the place you go to), apart from the small detail that the food, in it self, compared to the other restaurants in the neighborhood. The competitors have a little better food (at the same or lower price as well). The favorite restaurant says: Now we'll get up to the same level but what they mean is compared to the crappy place around the corner, which has many customers.

Did I interpret it correctly?

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
But we missed the anniversary after the announcement.

shot_2022-02-23_20-06-34.png

What is it you Englishmen usually say? ..Bullocks? ....:)

By the way, Spotify, watch out..:)

(yes, I have posted that video before, in another thread ... fits just as well here)

Last edited:
Top Bottom